What annoyed you today?

Aspman

People who have rain lights fitted on their car.

You know the really bright red lights on the rear of your car you can switch on if its a bit grey or drizzly to hinder visibility of any driver following you. If you are lucky and they have to follow you for long enough you can induce headache and cause eye strain. Unfortunately I dont have these fitted on my  car, only fog lights :wall:

Joking aside back in the day there used to a public information film informing drivers not to use fog lights unless it was foggy. Today some seem to see even rear fog lights as a fashion accessory

Lovely morning so I decide to do a little gardening, nice and peaceful until I hear music strike up, I wouldn't mind but it wasn't to my taste and too loud.

I've finished my gardening,  the music stopped as it's just started chucking it down with rain. :biggrin: peace.

Edited by MickA

I found an off cut from the kitchen tile relaying 2 yrs ago. Manged to trim a bit off with out more breakages and filled in the hole where the missing tile was. Got the new sink in and plumbed, though i think a gasket ring may have vanished off the waste trap.. tiny weep from it. 

Will investigate in the morning, and replace the trap if i cant find an obvious fault or easy fix.

Spent the weekend doing a big clean on both cars including sealing the summer wheels. Very impressed with how well the wheels came and couldn’t wait to get the winter tyres off. First wheel that I tried to remove the locking wheel nut and the key slipped rounding it off. Now it will only work on one wheel for some reason, usual tricks to remove the bolts wouldn’t work so going to need the help of a Pro. 

• Sad 3

Spotted a Nilfisk C135 on offer on Amazon last week. Seemed a genuine good offer (£180 down to £99).

Order it and box turned turned up. Bit ripped at the handle but it was heavy. Opened it up, plugged half of it together and then noticed the big feckin hole smashed in the side.

Amazon is pretty good with returns but it'll mean and extra day at home waiting on courier and the replacement isn't coming for a month since they are out of stock following the deal. I'll wait though it was a decent offer and I still have my little K2.

• Sad 1

The fact my new Superb's been at the dealer for 2 weeks, and I still can't collect until Saturday... It will be filthy, and the dealer will put lots and lots of swirl marks by polishing the lovely black paint!

2 hours ago, KenONeill said:

@mac11irl - It sounds like you need a new tile cutter!

Yup. Deffo a new wheel.

Such a pain though, as i now shouldnt need to cut another tile for about 10yrs..

3 hours ago, hwr1983 said:

The fact my new Superb's been at the dealer for 2 weeks, and I still can't collect until Saturday... It will be filthy, and the dealer will put lots and lots of swirl marks by polishing the lovely black paint!

Know that feeling!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had a dose of headcold and cough for a week. Came to a head today.. woke up at 3am and suffered a fit of coughing so bad i pulled intercostal muscles (the ones between ribs)

I was meant to be going to Galway for a colleagues stag weekend today.

Instead im at home on antibiotics and anti-inflamatories after having to go the doctor :( i am not a happy bunny.

• Sad 1

So Amazon (not really all that annoying tbh)

1. Order power washer and chair.
  2. Power washer arrives smashed, chair arrives.
  3. Power washer not collected for return - phone Amazon, "sorry he'll get it tomorrow"
  4. 2nd chair arrives - phone Amazon, "sorry mix up keep the chair it's on us".
  5. Power washer collected, new system won't scan, takes it away leaves receipt.
  6. 2nd Courier arrives to collect power washer again and another unknown parcel (chair 2?)
  7. Broken power washer never received, phone Amazon, "Don't worry about it it's cool".
  8. Broken power washer received apparently
  9. New power washer delivered (unseen yet).

10 hours ago, Aspman said:

So Amazon (not really all that annoying tbh)

1. Order power washer and chair.
  2. Power washer arrives smashed, chair arrives.
  3. Power washer not collected for return - phone Amazon, "sorry he'll get it tomorrow"
  4. 2nd chair arrives - phone Amazon, "sorry mix up keep the chair it's on us".
  5. Power washer collected, new system won't scan, takes it away leaves receipt.
  6. 2nd Courier arrives to collect power washer again and another unknown parcel (chair 2?)
  7. Broken power washer never received, phone Amazon, "Don't worry about it it's cool".
  8. Broken power washer received apparently
  9. New power washer delivered (unseen yet).

Just to add,

SECOND Nilfisk arrives.

I'm very careful to check box, no damage.

I unpack very carefully.

I lift washer gingerly out of box and before I even take it out the plastic wrap I check round the washer.

AND...

It's got a feckin big hole in the side just like the last one. High impact plastic body my arse.

I can only guess that Nilfisk QA comprises of either Powerwasher lobbing or Powerwasher football coz they seem quite happy to boot holes in them then put them nicely in boxes.

I can only advise that you either avoid Nilfisk or unbox in the shop before you buy.

I've no doubt I've got the Amazon returns circus to go through again.

Edited by Aspman

Not today but over the weekend...

The dealer I phoned about a car they had oin sale 5 minutes after they opened on Sunday.  Discussed over phone, said yep sounds good I'm on my way.  No problem h says...   See you shortly.  I jump in the car and drive and hour to get there...   Walk into the showroom and salesman says hi, throws me the keys and says be with you in 5 mins.  So I'm Sat in the car taking a look and decide yep this will do me.  Second salesman appears having been sent out by salesman no 1 to help.  I chat about the car and ask a couple of queries so he toddles off to check.  Cue salesman 3 who advises salesman 2 that he's just sold the car I'm Sat in, unbeknownst to salesman 2 or 1!!!!

Turns out salesman 1 forgot to tell salesman 3 I was on my way and to hold the car.  Someone walked into the showroom. Whilst I was driving there and asked salesman 3 about e car.  Salesman 3 does his job well and as I'm talking to salesman 2 the customer talking to salesman 3 has said he will have e car.

Queue a lot of apologies but, as the deal had been 'done' and I had effectively been beaten to the car by a few minutes my search has started again...

Gutted and angry are not sufficient to describe how I felt...

• Sad 1

So I get in touch with Amazon again. 

Can I check you're  pick up the broken thing today?

Yes, and problem we'll  schedule for a day of your choice and btw have your refund early.

It annoys me that this blood sucking monolith  does customer service so well.

Edited by Aspman

3 hours ago, Aspman said:

So I get in touch with Amazon again. 

Can I check you're  pick up the broken thing today?

Yes, and problem we'll  schedule for a day of your choice and btw have your refund early.

It annoys me that this blood sucking monolith SOMETIMES does customer service so well.

Ftfy ;)

Wednesday - courier doesn't turn up.

Amazon rearrange for Friday  - no problem

Friday - courier doesn't turn up

Nice work Hermes..

How long is  it until I get to consider this as a gift?

Edited by Aspman

1 hour ago, Aspman said:

Nice work Hermes..

Given its "my herpes" delivering...

Have you checked in the wheelie bin of the house 4 doors down from you?

17 hours ago, Aspman said:

Nice work Hermes..

I'd say you've enough. Perhaps tell them that as the courier fails to securely collect it from you at the agreed time, that you'll be leaving it outside your residence for them to collect at their convenience.

See how quickly it gets collected then!! :D

Guest FurryFriend

Completely fed up with Royal Mail Special Delivery who, so far this year have managed to deliver 2 parcels later than expected, and lose two of them completely.  The compensation is all very well, but in the case of one of the parcels NO MONEY could compensate for a repaired original part for a church organ that we were rebuilding, which was completely irreplaceable. 

The lost one was signed for on delivery. It wasn't delivered at all actually, and the signature given by some fraudster presumably within the organisation, as it had been taken from a secure cage, wasn't anything like that of the person it had been sent to. A Notary Public. 

Funny though how it suddenly reappeared once I put it in the hands of the police as stolen, and with the forged signature of a Notary which is a mega serious offence. 

Despite assurances from their fraud investigation team..... 

Won't be using them again. 

Edited by FurryFriend

On 12/05/2018 at 14:07, Jonny5ive said:

I'd say you've enough. Perhaps tell them that as the courier fails to securely collect it from you at the agreed time, that you'll be leaving it outside your residence for them to collect at their convenience.

See how quickly it gets collected then!! :D

I was considering threatening to charge a day rate for staying in for it. £350 is about right for the industry.

New topic...

Jakies and the sun.

Is there a relationship?

First week day of the year that is warm with the sun and a short walk around town shows a near 500% increase in the number of loud, pig ignorant and generally RaF individuals.

Not Glasgow but still...

the-sun-is-out-in-glasgow-jakies-jakies-

• Like 1