W8 Interior lamp

winx

I bought one of these to replace my interior lamp, but when I came to fit it the wire colours are different to the golf ones which all the fitting instructions are for. Does anyone know either what the 3 wires are, or let me know when goes to the corresponding pin in the w8 plug?

Cheers

Guest Fabia 12v

you need to run one wire from your headlight switch other three go in..... i just trial and errored connecting in different pins till it worked on mine :thumbup:

Guest Fabia 12v

Yup sorry about brief reply earlier... you'll need to run a wire from the back of your headlight switch from the pin which is dashlights on (trial and error works!) up to the pin on the new W8 light so cat-vision and switches lightup with rest of dash.

As far as original wires go just play around until you get it working with door open and manual. Its quite simple and you shouldnt blow anything... but have some spair fuses around anyway just incase!

Right all working now, think it is brighter than the old one as well when you open the door which is good. I will post up the colours when I remember to take my crib sheet out of the car!

Had a productive night, mounted my h700 properly up front, got the light done and made my false floor cover... yay! No carpet though as autoacoustics messed up my order, so bare wood for the meet:(

Guest Fabia 12v

sounds good... yes it is brighter this one uses circuitry unlike old. I've actually replaced my bulbs with ultra white sidelight bulbs so its nice and bright on entering vehicle. :thumbup:

Hi mate, yep I'll be at PE for the March RR day and I'll be up there on Friday 17th for an oil & filter change, brake upgrade with fluid change and some poly bushing. I'll also be having a dyno run with Chris as I will have the FMIC, TIP and remap done by then so if your free pop in! :thumbup:

ah bugger, if it was this Friday I could have been there, fancy a dyno as well to see what mine is doing... You will have to take me out at the rr day as I want to see what difference the brakes make....

Also any news on the rear arb?

Going off topic a bit but phoned Jabba a few days back and they havent got back to me regarding the rear arb so I have no idea what the score is ie whether they will produce just a few or not. :(

Lee

ok mate, having read up a bit on them am fairly keen now, just depends on what finances are like at the time of ordering really, just spanked far too much on my ICE and got the new season round the corner for my racer which needs some work...