My stolen Monte Carlo!

BeeBee

I am going through victim compensation/taking the cow to small claims court for everything. I don't care if she has to pay £5 a week for years just so she has a constant reminder of what she has done. Unfortunately this goes beyond just taking my car. The person was supposed to be a friend of mine... thinking she could have rode it around and returned it without me knowing whilst I was asleep. Complete idiot.

Looks like she had steering on full lock and properly smashed the front passenger wheel to the curb.... must have done a fair bit of speed. Honestly surprised my air bags did not go off.

Sad thing that you have to pay for the privilege of having your taken car impounded... the police letting the person that had turned up to the police station admitting she did it; to let her leave the station with my keys. On top of that for the police to impound it and not release it from police hold for 5 days even though they don't want to do forensics as she has admitted it and has been a passenger in the past. 

Been a 1st class service! 

I have managed to get it to a mates (leaving it in the impound will rack up a £20 charge a day on top of £250 for getting it out). 

Would I still be able to claim though if it has been towed out of the impound? My excess is £600. Either route. I am haemorraging money. Especially getting new insurance with no NCD. £150 a month!

If I don't have wheels. I don't have a job. I line manage a group of carers in the community. I am so lost.

That is why many claim from the insurer. vehicle recovered from where the police use as a recovery / compound, to a repairer, a few days later and assessor / loss adjuster to check the quotes from the inspection and estimate,  a courtesy car and pay your excess and collect repaired vehicle, or start negotiation on the write off offer.

The £600 excess is less than you are paying and you go after the thief on losses as you say you are doing for repairs, 

but that is like getting blood from a stone.

I really get the insurance route. Completely. Financially it is going to hurt me in the long run with doing that. The long term implications of no NCD included. That is at least an extra 1k a year for at least 2 years before my insurance starts to be reasonable again. 

If it is a no winner with the car then it isn't. If it passes it's MOT then great. I will be happy if it is road worthy. Cosmetics come later. The fact I have a fixed car loan on the car has made it just a touch worse... 4 more years of paying that.

So insurance then will probably not offer to do anything with it since I got it out the pound. They were not informative nor helpful at all. I have never been in this situation so I am at a loss. 

I am going through small claims for damages. I still cannot understand how my break disc could have done that when the alloy is not actually broken. Nothing has came off behind it. 

Just a heads up - I pay about £800 at the age of 21 with a 6k claim on it. so i'd double check that. There are a lot of ways to bring your premium down, even buying a month in advance drastically changes it in a lot of cases. I'd seriously do some homework on that.

good luck with however you proceed with this! 

The car is in for repairs. It is not a write off. I would not repair it myself with the damage it has taken. I can see where all sides are coming from... I know either way I am at a loss. Will see how it goes. 

It is a fixed term personal loan for a car. I asked if insurance will pay out to them initially and they said they have no interest in my car.