Double Din Stereos

Right all. 

The time has come to change and do double din. I am thinking somethings on the lines of Pioneer AVIC-F80DAB or Kenwood DNX-5160DABS. I would like to fit Kenwood DNX516DABS but I am thinking £1000 is a little to much haha.

My question is do people have picture of a double din stereo in the Octavia's??? mine is a 2008 pre FL vRS and at the moment I have this set up (See picture).

Would I be able to use the surround I am currently using??

Many thanks

Tom.

WP_20140709_09_27_23_Pro.jpg

I think if you run a forum search on this mate you will find there has been loads of coverage on stereo fitments, both oem and other. Some really helpful threads too 

Oddly, it looks like someone has taken your original double-DIN out and put in a single-DIN instead. :o

You will need to change the single-DIN trim for a double.

You could go OEM and get a Columbus, which will ntegrate with the car better, and talk to maxi-dot (if you've got it) (See if rustynuts has any ;) )