Random Electrical Problem

Sizey1980

Hi guys,

Got 2006 vrs. Recently I've been having some intermittent electrical problems.

So for example. Some times I put the key in the ignition, turn it, it lights up, the when I turn to start nothing happens, like the battery is dead. Open my door, shut it and life in my car is back and will start!?

Any clues? Could it be the battery or something more sinister?

And is anyone breaking a vrs? Need a few little bits!

At the starter motor, there's a cylindrical lump on top of the main body of the starter, this is the solenoid. The thin wire going into the single pin socket usually cracks and then gradually disintegrates just at the point the wire goes into the cable entry of the loom connector.

Access isn't super-easy on a vRS, I believe, as the battery is in the way.  Once you get to it, it shouldn't be too tricky unless the wire's busted too close to the connector to allow a solder joint or inline-crimp onto what's left.