Delivery imminent- what now from the dealer?

I've found out today from my car broker that my car has been built and is awaiting shipping to the UK. Hopefully it should be delivered to the dealer in early March.

I've yet to make contact with the dealer but when I do what should I ask them? I opted for an extended warranty and the two year service plan and I have read on this forum that there can be difficulties in getting confirmation of this. Any pointers/top tips on these or anything else to do with taking delivery would be a great help.

Not used a broker myself is your contract with the dealer or broker 

Not sure if the dealer will speak to you if the contract is the broker 

I opted for service plan at point of purchase and got a manual receipt and printed version in the post later on 

Only question I would have is "can I see the car please "

Take as long as YOU want looking round it and notify them if anything is not how it should be 

Double check your spec and any options and make sure they are correct 

Thanks for the reply Malcster. My contract is with the dealer, the broker essentially put my vehicle spec out to 'tender' and the dealer I'll be collecting from won the bid. So the broker is only the facilitator in the deal.

I'll be taking a copy of the spec I wanted when I will go to pick it up, only problem is that I went a bit mad on the options so it may take a while!

Definitely check round the car,preferably when it's not raining,for minor surface scratches and abrasions.

SE L Race Blue with 'Rock' Alloys.

I noticed a very light surface scratch on the bonnet on day 5 of ownership. Difficult to prove it happened at the dealership once I'd driven around in it,that's why I mentioned it.

Unfortunately it takes a change of light conditions or time of day to notice some scratches. Whilst I'll be on my look out for anything, in reality I'm going to notice something as I get to know my car.

As I thought you have the same model, engine, 'box and colour that I've ordered, just the wheels are different. Mine are Camelots hopefully.

I must say I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with the car,especially the DSG box and the 1.2 engine making an excellent  match for my style of driving.

The only things I would change are the electric windows to 'one touch' and maybe the rear seats folding flat but otherwise it's pretty much perfect for me.

I know you'll love driving it!

2 minutes ago, IndignantBystander said:

Love it! The 'FAB' plate is a nice touch too, I'm getting impatient now.

Same as me a year ago today:D

15 minutes ago, IndignantBystander said:

Ha ha, I hope it brings back some good memories for you. I have an added incentive to get mine asap as I want it to be registered before April when the price of the road tax goes up by £120!

Just paid mine £20.

My last car was a Mazda 6 with a massive £260 per year road tax.

My old Austin A40 costs nothing as it's a historic vehicle.

Edited by RickW