Forge Induction Kit

Forge Induction Kit for 1.2TSi, £181.00 with free postage in the UK but Forge wanted £35.00 for postage to the Scottish Islands. Eventually ordered from Ebay Shop, 'Motorbling' (authorised Forge dealer - I checked with Forge); still £181.00 but free postage to the islands.

There is a strong induction roar but also a strange blow-back through the air intake, at it's loudest at around 2,500rpm with a sudden lift-off of throttle. Sounds just like a Blow-off Valve. If you feather the throttle, you can just as easily drive with no blow-back noise.

The Fabia has always suffered from an annoying erratic throttle when pulling away from rest - a major dead zone in the throttle then random revs totally unrelated to throttle pressure. I've put it down to some anti-stall gimmick but the Induction Kit seems to help. You hear a release of pressure when moving off and throttle take-up seems smoother.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lauzebuqazc10w/20170226_210750.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aoxntphzwwqpmn4/20170226_210355.mp4?dl=0

On 22 February 2017 at 09:32, Damo said:

Love an induction noise.

BMC CDA on my old Lupo GTi was the best sound ever... like a tiger growling under the bonnet.

Do you have it remapped as well?

No plans to remap, Damo. My other car's an Audi S1 so I get my need-for-speed fix from that.

• Like 1

On 24 February 2017 at 13:29, Jeffchiz said:

+1 on wanting to hear it. Before I bought my monte i was looking at the forge dump valve and induction kit before getting a remap. But with some investigation the dump valve may result in a power loss

Was also looking at the dump valve kit as an option! Didn't know about the power loss though, how might that be?

that actually sounds alright I'm gonna remap mine after I've paid this dam holiday off and get some stuff done to it . Just don't want to go over top and make it look or sound crap if you get me ! 

On 26/02/2017 at 22:16, BlackConcept said:

Was also looking at the dump valve kit as an option! Didn't know about the power loss though, how might that be?

I was emailing awesomegti a few months back and their response was 

"In all honesty, these engines are good to go. We wouldn’t recommend messing around with the dump valve on these as they don’t seem to help in any way – If anything slightly reduce the power at the lower end between gears. 

The induction kits don’t really do a great deal more than making a bit of extra noise on these ones too"

Edited by Jeffchiz