Springs or coilovers?

Just now, pist0nbr0ke said:

They are from Watfields Engineering through eBay.

Very good vfm, others are available...

Did you fit them yourself? I'm just googling installation and it looks like something I've not done before..

Just now, mabnz said:

Did you fit them yourself? I'm just googling installation and it looks like something I've not done before..

Fitting is child's play mate, assuming you have changed a wheel before? :tongueout:

Jack car up, unbolt the wheel, push the spacer on to the hub 'flange' in the centre, lining up the bolt holes with the hub itself, refit wheel with longer bolts.

Job jobbed. :biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

They are from Watfields Engineering through eBay.

Very good vfm, others are available...

Did you need to get wheel alignment after installing spacers?

Fitting is child's play mate, assuming you have changed a wheel before? :tongueout:

Jack car up, unbolt the wheel, push the spacer on to the hub 'flange' in the centre, lining up the bolt holes with the hub itself, refit wheel with longer bolts.

Job jobbed. :biggrin:

Alright I see now, easy :)

Edited by mabnz

1 hour ago, encephalopathy said:

really stupid question about spacers - if you fit them with the longer bolts i take it you no longer have a locking wheel nut?

Nope. Unless you can source longer locking bolts. 

Having said that, if you can get three or four turns of thread in to the hub with the locking bolts, they should be okay if used with four extended bolts per wheel.

Worked for me in the past.

• 1 year later...
On 3/15/2017 at 13:40, pist0nbr0ke said:

Nope. Unless you can source longer locking bolts. 

Having said that, if you can get three or four turns of thread in to the hub with the locking bolts, they should be okay if used with four extended bolts per wheel.

Worked for me in the past.

Slightly OT, however, im just waiting for the manufacturers warranty to run out on my VRS TDi before i tweak suspension (coilovers i think) but woudl like to put spacers on now.

What length are standard wheel bolts, so i can order the correct length replacements?

15 minutes ago, k3vkr said:

Slightly OT, however, im just waiting for the manufacturers warranty to run out on my VRS TDi before i tweak suspension (coilovers i think) but woudl like to put spacers on now.

What length are standard wheel bolts, so i can order the correct length replacements?

27mm standard - M14, 17mm hex.

Make sure you get 'radius' seated bolts for original alloys.

• Thanks 1