Mk3 octavia or Citroen Cactus - family vehicle

I thought the Rapid hatch looked very like an Octavia, and the Toledo looked like one with an Ibiza front end.

Octavia 3 you should find for 10k, maybe with a little higher than average miles, mine wasn't far off.

The old fella had an Octavia 2 TDi, had 180k on the clock when he sold it to a taxi driver, and it is still doing the rounds. They're good cars.

Going left field, Mondeos are ridiculously cheap, the pre-Aston grille model still looks modern, comfortable and they're huge inside. The fella who runs AROnline picked one up for £700!

Edited by WillM82

The Rapid does seem cracking value, I just didn't like the seats which put me off -

I did see one around the corner and it had some better sportier looking seat fabric to the ones I'd seen on car ads ( which looked really flat and spartan in photos and weren't selling me) but seeing in person they look fantastic value

I reckon the Rapid certainly would do the job, its like a mini Octy and not even that much smaller tbh. Could probably swap in options later for nav etc if it comes with amundsen etc.

I'd far rather have that than a Craptus.

All,

So after looking at Skoda used approved web page every day for the last 2 months or so i finally found an mk 3 Octavia 1.4 tsi se worth viewing today.

I am pleased to say i bought it! Ticks all boxes other than the colour which is Silver but at least it is easy to keep clean. I don't mind silver but was my 4th choice.

The car was by far the cleanest used example i'd seen so far so i couldn't say no!

Extremely happy, the car is almost like new inside, no scuffs or scratches to be seen, 1 owner.

Some very minor marks on the exterior that may even come out but overall amazing condition!

Thanks for all your help.

Look forward to collecting and posting some pics soon

• Like 4