Correct spacers to use on Tdi estate?

Hi everyone, I've decided (thanks to some lovely people on here) that I should keep my standard 15" alloys and put some spacers on, rather than wiping out the already suspect ride quality in my Fabby estate. My friend at work noticed that the rear wheels sit further inwards than my fronts, so my question to you is, what spacers should I buy to make both front and rear equal, whilst making the car look a little less skinny and allow me to still carry passengers/Wife's rubbish in the boot? Any links to previously bought spacers, would be greatly received ;) 

I will be buying B4 dampers and 25mm Pro Kit springs to complement the spacers, in due time. Many thanks :)  

I ran 10mm front 15mm rear on my vrs lowered with no issues I brought them off a member on here so can't help with a link 

I think most fwd car are narrower at the rear I'm sure I read that on her somewhere helps reduce oversteer I could have made all that up but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong 

Screenshot_2017-03-02-06-13-01-1.png

Edited by R1CH360

• Sponsor

Thanks to everyone for the replies. And thanks to Damian for putting the prices up for the spacers. I didn't realise they were a fair bit of coin for two. I better get saving! 

EDIT: What sort of bolt head do you need for the Fabia? Tapered or radius? Thanks ;)

Edited by GeneralDogsbody

Whip a wheel bolt out, see if it has a bowl shape bottom or if its tapered. I imagine it to be tapered, but thats just a guess! :D

Edited by til5101
  • Like 1

Thanks Til. I was reading about some other spacers on ebay and they had this warning in the listing:

" Our 15mm spacers are bored to 13mm depth to accommodate the standard hub spigot length. Some VW's such as the Mk3 Golf VR6 and some mid '00 Seat's and Skoda's have longer hub spigots than standard so please check your fitment before bolting up and measure your spigot before purchasing to check you can even fit 15mm. "

What does that all mean? Are the H&R spacers that Damien listed the same? Does anyone know the 'hub spigot length' of an 07 reg Fabia? Blimey, this is hard work! 

It just means that the centre of the hub, where the wheel fits over could extrude the spacer I guess, whip the wheel off, check bolts and measure the centre of the hub. Someone may be able to elaborate on the sizes..

Personally I would buy decent spacers, not unbranded ebay ones, but thats just me.. I had 25mm hubcentrics on my old Clio Williams, they were either H&R or Apex, I cant remember. I used it on the track and wanted something decent.

Edited by til5101

Thanks everyone for all the help. Would 20mm rear/15mm front be overkill on 16 inch wheels? I've read elsewhere on the forum that using spacers on the Fabby can cause extra load on the wheel bearings and then they fail? Any truth in this? 

Sorry to double post, but as I'm tight (read new parent with no money!) and I like a 'bargain' (well, some people have said that they were ok.....) are these any good? (And would the bolts fit my standard alloys?) Would 20/15mm be ok?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Skoda-5x100-112-PCD-57-1-CB-Hubcentric-Alloy-Wheel-20mm-Spacers-Kit-/371309085357?hash=item5673bf02ad:g:3nwAAOSwv0tVNCOt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-Skoda-5x100-112-PCD-57-1-CB-Hubcentric-OE-OEM-Wheel-15mm-Spacers-Kit-/301634712483?hash=item463ad473a3:g:-uUAAOSwv0tVVwwn 

Many thanks :)

Edited by GeneralDogsbody