Bye Bye Beepy

nickg65

It is with a heavy heart I have to say goodbye to my MK1 Fabia owned since 2003. I took it for the M.O.T. & it came back with loads of fails & some advisories.

Shame it has been a faithful workhorse & has been in our family for 13 years.

Annoyingly all the faults are easy fixes but the total to get it all repaired far exceeds the value of the car, so it's off to the great car park in the sky.

The good news is I pick my replacement car tomorrow , a 64 reg Citigo Black Edition.

£20 tax, high 50's mpg & £150 a year fully comp insurance, what's not to like?

• Like 1

Got it yesterday, an absolute corker.

I can't believe how quiet the engine is on tickover, handles pretty well too.

I especially like the Garmin Sat/ Nav Bluetooth thingy seems to work very well with an S7. Plays music from there too.

I haven't quite mastered the voice dialling yet, but that's probably more to do with my Yorkshire accent than the technology. Overall well impressed.

1 hour ago, nickg65 said:

haven't quite mastered the voice dialling yet, but that's probably more to do with my Yorkshire accent than the technology. 

Sounds like you should have bought the Yorkshire Version of the VW Up

It's called an  " Aye Up "  

• Like 2

VW group are trying a different approach in order to regain some market share & credibility in America. They have signed a deal with Peugeot to market one of their vans under one of their own brand name. Initially it will be sold in Texas to test popularity with ranch owners. They are calling it the Audi Partner.

• Like 2