Epc light on car won't start

Hi all new here, having problems with Octavia feel like just letting it roll off a cliff. Yesterday car was little shaky but fine, drove home ,now this morning I go out EPC light is on, yellow steering light, and red oil light flashing with beeping sound, it's driving me nuts. Car just keeps cranking won't turn over. I took out brake light switch EPC stays on , then replaced with new one and still nothing. PLEASE HELP

I got P0321 was told it's crankshaft sensor, any idea of the cost and is this a job I could do myself. If so could you help me with instructions , would be really greatful

What specific car and year is it? Was that the only code ?

If it's the crank/speed sensor then the physical change is normally very easy but you might need to remove some gubbins and hoses to get at it 

Edited by rodenal

Thankd Rodenal its 2005 newer shape 1.4 petrol, yeah that was the only code have you any idea where the sensor is I looked everywhere and can't find it I feel like drinking a bottle of whiskey at this stage, if you know can you possibly put up some pics. I can find all models except mark 2 Octavia. Thanks again

Edited by Gerd1916

I'm not hugely familiar with vag 1.4's to be honest but it is probably on the front or rear of the block at gearbox side, near the fly

You might find that getting to it in terms of actual replacement needs a fair amount removing 

Edited by rodenal

I replaced sensor wow what a horrible job, you need arms and fingers like inspector gadget, after putting everything back together car is still cranking and no turn over, plus still have warning lights, any ideas,?

• 4 weeks later...