Felicia gearbox rebuild

Well my Skoda Felicia Fun (T735 BHP) gearbox has finally given up the ghost (5th gear nut fell off at speed).

Seen a you tube vid on stripdown and it looks quite a lot simpler and quicker than tackling a vw gearbox?

Spent a month trawling the adds to find a low miler box with the right ratios to no avail.

Question is are the bearings inside easy to get a hold of here in the UK i.e. not Eastern bloc specials?

I have a spare box that has done 120k but will require at least new bearings for me to trust it.

Whilst there new rings, engine bearings, head skim and stem guides + seals as with all on here life without my truck is not fun!

Help, advice and comment most gratefully recieved. 

Thanks to my daughter sat at the side of me here you are!

No good at dancing, no good at fashion, no good at computing but I am a f@&?er with a spanner!

• Like 1

I was hoping the guy will show how to dismantle the gearbox completely then rebuild it (new bearings, synchros, etc.)

Anyway, you can get the service manual for the gearbox here

If still having questions, just ask.

From my knowledge you don't need 'Eastern bloc special' tools. Felicia was manufactured using VAG technology.

Ricardo, once again many thanks for your help. 

Update is this afternoon I am going to remove the 5th gear housing and inspect the 5th gear assembly for wear and chatter on my spare. This will help me decide if I am going to hold out for another box or possibly donor car. I will take pictures and write something up as I go to give something back to the Briskoda community. (One of the most helpful forums out there!)

Anyone got any tips like "Watch out for the giggling pin falling out of the laughing shaft upon removal"?

14 hours ago, E4EVV said:

Anyone got any tips like "Watch out for the giggling pin falling out of the laughing shaft upon removal"?

Nope. Nothing surprising. Everything is in the manual. The fun begins if you plan to change the bearings inside. Sadly, nobody documented that part step by step.