Mk2 Octavia Towbar fitting

Hi,

Having changed car I need to fit a towbar to the new one. My old Mk1 Octavia was fairly straight forward, especially regarding access to the wiring loom at the back...

I have searched google and on here (which tends to come up on google searches anyway) but I cannot find information on how to remove the trim panels. It looks like I have to start by removing the central part on the bottom of the opening and work my way out from there. Also, where are the fixings holding the bumper panel to the car? I can easily see the little screws underneath but having fitted a towbar to my previous Octavia, I know there are other fixings hidden away...

I have a 2011 61 plate Estate.

Thanks

From memory, which maybe a bit foggy.

Remove 3 screws from each wheel arch liner. 

Remove under tray

remove boot interior trim

remove rear lights. 

To remove the bumper I think it is just a screw behind each wheel arch liner and another screw under each rear light cluster. The bumper just lifts out then on the locating lugs. Remember to lower the bumper to disconnect the PDC loom connection. 

If your going for the dedicated electrics it requires running from the rear left to drivers side footwell to connect into the can bus and fuse box. 

If you look on P F Jones website for the Westfalia towbar they will have links for the fitting instructions. 

I have fitting instructions but they just say removed the trim and bumper with no details!

It is the removal of the interior trim that I think is going to take the most effort. I'm not using dedicated electrics, but a bypass relay, hence why I need access to the rear light wiring...

Interior trim is 3 nuts from with the spare wheel well and pull up the trim that covers the boot catch. It is held in with 6 spring clips. Once that has been removed you have access to a single torx screw on each of the side panels. The panels pull out away from the side to the boot opening. The side carpets just unhook and can be tucked back out of the way. The light clusters are held in with 4 bolts, just remove the nuts to slide them out. 

The wirng will come in through the spare tyre well too.