Removing fog light

I need to change a DRL bulb (nearside) and looked in the handbook and it is easy!

I pulled, lifted and twisted the plastic part which you need to remove and it is stuck. I applied all my weight and effort and it just appears to be a permanent fixture.

I looked at a YouTube video and the guy just put a few fingers in the slot and out came the panel.

Is there a knack to it? I know I can't apply any more force.

Here are the instruction in the drivers manual:

Fog lights and daylight driving lights

Insert your fingers into opening A » Fig. 167.
(Picure of panel showing slot for fingers and directions to pull)
 By pulling in the direction of arrow 1 , first of all undo the cover in the upper
area on the side facing the fog light.
Afterwards, undo the cover in the direction of arrow 2 on the other side too,
remove.
Replacing light bulbs for fog lights/daylight driving lights
 Insert your hand into the opening left by the cap and press the lug D » Fig. 167
in the direction of the arrow.
Remove the front fog lamp. Turn the connector with the bulb in an anti-clockwise direction up to the stop
and remove.
Replace the lamp, insert the connector with the new bulb and turn in a clockwise

The plastic bits are difficult to get out - I greased them once out and they still seemed virtually impossible to get off.

However, much easier leave the black plastic part and slide a plastic card (old bank card etc) in the vertical slit where the light lens is next to the bumper and it pops straight out.  See pic and red marking where to slide the card in.  There is a video on YouTube somewhere but I can't find it at the moment.

EDIT: The video is  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnT4cdUU2V8&index=24

Rich

OctFL-DRL .jpg

Edited by richhol
Additional

Thanks Rich,

I tried that without success. The gap is thin and I can feel the catch but when I pressed on the catch it just bend a notch into the card. I will try later with sticky backed paper (for paint protection) over a thin aluminium strip.

Mike

If its the first time they have been out it is very tight and takes a good hard pull i ended up lying down pulling on them but they do get easier the more there taken out.