2005 1.9tdi Cambelt & water pump change price

I'm picking a new to me Skoda superb next week from a fellow forum member. So therefore my 2005 1.9tdi Octavia elegance estate is going to be up for sale.

Fresh mot today with no advisories, so pleased with that. But its on 98k and it's Cambelt and water pump are pretty much due as 5 years and about 50k since I last had it done.

Skoda have sent out a flyer with a price of £385, not known if that includes water pump though

I'm just waiting on a local independent to come back with a price, but any ideas of what is regarded as a reasonable price for these bits to be done?

Just trying to work out if it's worth doing before selling or in reality just money I will never get back?

Thanks very much

Advertise it with a headline price excluding the cambelt, and then offer a second higher price that includes having the cambelt changed if the prospective buyer would prefer it to be done before buying.

Thanks Firthster,

Have decided i'm going to sell the car as is for £2k ish to reflect that the Cambelt etc will need doing soon ish. It has a fresh Mot and from Monday it's no longer going to get used as I'm collecting the replacement car from Scotland on Thursday.

regards

car nsf.jpg

Edited by Northlodge

We have a local guy who worked for a VAG outlet, who is now doing all service work. I had my cambelt, water pump and a full service (I bought the oil) for £310. He gave me a full quote for it, signed and dated the service book. He changed the air, oil and fuel filters.

8 hours ago, Northlodge said:

Thanks Andy, noted.

I have popped the car up for sale now, but out of interest where about was that?

Just in case it does not readily sell and I choose to get it done.

I live down in Kent, and he does the work at weekends. I think that he is hoping to turn it into a full time business.