LED lights and other stuff

Hi Everyone,

Just updating on my Fabia vRS '14 plate I've used this forum to gain much knowledge regarding this super car. 

I purchased a set of vRS mats with the red surround and a rubber boot liner. These look great.

I can see by the two services the car has had at 19k and 28k that it was set to a flexible service ( confirmed by selling Skoda dealer) I plan to take this down to my local dealer and get the spark plugs and brake fluid changed as per this forums recommendations. Then service every 10k. Tempted to do the spark plugs but I don't have the correct tools and I'm a clumsy fool who will almost certainly will break something whilst attempting it. 

I filled up with morrisons 95 Ron fuel driving the car back from Warwickshire after picking her up. The engine light came on not long after that which I reset when I got home with Carista. It came on a few days later too which I also reset. I filled up with Shell V power last week and so far the engine light hasn't come on. More interestingly my fuel economy has gone up by around 10%. I understand Tesco Momentum is liked by the car too?

I have purchase osram LED Bulbs for the rear break lights and indicators plus the side front wing indicators. Am I correct that access to the front wing indicators is under the wheel arches?

I've also ordered the sunglasses assembly and LED lights for the interior lighting.

The drive to work now is more enjoyable and the seats are definitely more comfortable than my citi go was and slightly better I would say than the grand Picasso at home. 

The kumho tyres grip very well but are noisy. Maybe I will go for the uniroyals next time.

Carista got me my big digital speed in miles on the DMI, the doors all lock now when moving and unlock when the key is pulled out. Very useful to produce an engine report too. 

Nice car car all round. Thanks for all the previous posts on these subjects they have been really really helpful and I'm most grateful.

regards,

Edited by CitigoCuti
  • Like 1

Hi,

There is a noticeable difference between using regular fuel and super, engine run much smoother with it. I have a Tesco nearby so Momentum is my first choice as Shell is so much more expensive, up to 12pence more than the regular advertised price. Don't know anything about the wing indicators though. I also did the sunglasses holder which took 5mins and is really useful. I suggest the wind deflectors, not for deflecting wind but being able to open the window a little when its raining.

I wish I had the auto locking doors and unlock with keys out. Unfortunately I don't have the tools or knowledge.

Enjoy

Hi Ed,

the carista dongle and iPhone/android app is very straightforward. Also it gives you a month free on the pro version of the app which lets you adjust the lighting/locking etc.

have a search on the net is all there.

yeh I think I will have to switch to momentum too as Shell is very expensive here too.

going to change all the Lights to LED this week ( as much as I can)