LED replacement DRLs cycling on and off

Hi all,

Just got some led replacement DRL bulbs, and they are working but after they have been on for a couple of minutes they start cycling on and off.

The left one will go off for about 30 seconds then come back on, then the right one will do the same.

I assume this means they are not CANBUS compatible or something ? There's no warning lights on the dash.

• 2 weeks later...

What ones did you get?

I picked up a pair of these 2x 15W SAMSUNG LED 382 P21W off ebay. Paid £11.99 for the pair.

Didn't expect them to be that good but their great. Still working fine after 6 months and really bright.

If they don't pull enough current that can cause them to flash / flicker. I'm not sure if the DRL's are monitored by the ECU for failure but if they are that would cause them to play up.

Guess if you put normal 21W lamps in there their fine? What happens if you only change one and keep a tungsten in there?

OK well the 50W ones work fine, no cycling on and off any more.

They are pretty bright but I guess the idea is to be visible to others. 

I'll do some testing to make sure it's not going to be causing any issues for oncoming cars.