Swap Bolero for Amundsen+

Hi guys new here so hello. 

I have a 2016 yeti Monte Carlo and I'm thinking is swapping the Bolero entertainment unit for an Amundsen+ With Bluetooth and sat nav.  

Can anyone tell me if this would be just a straight swap and whether I'd lose any steering wheel functions or not. Also would I need any codes to activate the new unit. 

Many thanks guys. 

I'm guessing you have the later Bolero unit (MIB), in a 2016? If so then it's not a straight swap. You need a wiring loom adapter to make the quadlock connector fit, you'll need the security code which the Amundsen + unit will require when fitted, then there'll be a bit of coding and suchlike to sort out to make it work. I don't think you'll lose any functions, but it's not something I've done before personally.

Then you'll have an older generation unit in a new generation car, maps updates are expensive and to be paid for every time you want to upgrade (rather than the new units which benefit from free updates).

Thanks for the info Rustynuts, after reading your reply I think I might just keep the bolero and use the apple car play for maps and DAB, seems lesser of two evils really. 

Thanks for the info Rustynuts, after reading your reply I think I might just keep the bolero and use the apple car play for maps and DAB, seems lesser of two evils really. Just as an after thought, do you know of any head unit that would fit straight in.