Help - Car alarm goes off every time I lock it.

Best off asking for assistance if you don't have the right equipment. Cars are heavy!! There is some confusion regarding wether this unit is the cause of the alarm going off as some say they can't hear it. I can confirm even if it can be heard it could still be the issue. I did consider leaving the rivet in place and bending it out a little just enough to remove the siren but i didn't really want to snap the bracket. That might be possible. It's a straightforward job though.

Thanks for the info.  We've done something similar in the past with my old Passat - used cable ties instead of a rivet. So I will get hubby to have a look to see if he can do it first before shelling out for the professionals. 

Thank you everyone.  The siren turned up from China after 8 days.  My husband has just fitted it - took no time at all to do.  We didn't actually need to drill through the rivet as the bit "bent down".  So the whole thing cost less than £30 all in all. Result! 

Good outcome then. Like I said in earlier posts when I recommended the ebay listing for the replacement part - the siren unit was more than likely the fault. And if not, it needed replacing anyway.. I am assuming by your post your erratic alarm operation has disappeared. 

Hey all. Just thought I'd add to this. Alarm siren has turned up but no time to do it yet as friend is really busy with work and I don't have the gear!

Really happy to hear of everyone's success stories and hopefully, I'll be able to add mine. I will let you all know how I get on after fitment.

• 5 months later...
On 02/04/2017 at 18:46, meaty101 said:

Right people i have some news for the o.p. Just to recap, symptoms were alarm going off 30 seconds after locking the car. The car siren was making a noise unlike some folk that report indicators flashing but no siren. Initially i scanned for faults/clues and the car had said 2 codes for internal sensors and alarm horn. No doors or the bonnet or hatch were showing as open on the maxidot display so firstly i removed the internal sensors ( in the sunglasses holder in the roof lining ) cleaned those but no change. I then tried my sons sensors from his vrs and known good ones but again still alarm going off. So today i got round to fitting a new siren ordered from Aliexpress for around £33 delivered. And I'm glad to report this has fixed the issue. I can say now the new unit is in it's a lot louder than the old one. So I've no doubt if the alarm hadn't been going off i don't think it would've been too long before the siren stopped making a sound. The job took about an hour and a half in total including jacking the car up. I also cleaned half a ton of leaves/soil out from behind the arch liner while it was off!!

Undo the front drivers side wheel bolts a few threads, jack the car up and secure on axle stands. I put the stands underneath the the rear wishbone bush. Also for extra security place your wheel under the car.

Remove the twelve screws holding the arch liner using a T25 torx bit.

Once you've removed that stick your head underneath and at the rear of the wing you'll see the black metal bracket. Inside that is the alarm siren.

20170402_162153_zpszt5bjxkj.jpg

This bracket is held on with a rivet at the bottom and an 8mm nut on the top ( loosened in the pic ). You'll need to drill the rivet out using a large bit iirc 10mm. Loosen the nut as well pull the box down unclip the electrical connector. 

The siren is fitted inside the bracket with a 13mm nut ( seen at the front in pic ). Swap over for new unit and refit. I didn't have a pop rivet gun so Skoda very kindly put another hole near the rivet so i just tapped out the old rivet and used a zip tie to secure the bottom bracket. Tbh just the top nut alone would've held it but I'm guessing it vibrate a bit.

20170402_165522_zpsspzpirrw.jpg

Zip tied at the bottom. Car now bleeps on opening/closing and a lot louder than the old unit. Hope this helps.

Do you still have the pictures for this post on alarm as they are not showing up on briskoda forum 

• 2 months later...