New VRS owner

Hi all,

Just picked up new (to me) 2007 Octavia VRS estate, from the far west of Cornwall. Only done 70,000 miles, so hopefully will last me a few years yet. Only got it on Sunday, but already remembering what pleasure lies in a petrol engine!

The wife specifically wanted Sat Nav and bluetooth hands free, but decently priced petrol Octavias seemed a bit scarce down here, so I promised I'd look into retrofitting a better headunit. It comes with the bum basic Stream unit, so will be looking at the RNS 315/510 options in a short while.

This looks to be a useful forum, so hopefully I will be here doing upgrades, and not repairs!

Cheers, Ed.

Skoda%20Octavia%20VRS.jpg

Edited by Eddie_fb

Welcome. This is indeed a very useful forum and if your questions can't be answered here they probably can't be answered!

• Like 1

Looks good and it's nice to welcome another petrol estate owner!  

I've been on here for years and it is a really useful resource and a great bunch of people.  I've saved a lot of money over the years by following guides, buying parts and picking people's brains for ideas on Briskoda.  Apart from the head unit, what mods are you considering?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, skinnyman said:

Looks good and it's nice to welcome another petrol estate owner!  

I've been on here for years and it is a really useful resource and a great bunch of people.  I've saved a lot of money over the years by following guides, buying parts and picking people's brains for ideas on Briskoda.  Apart from the head unit, what mods are you considering?

Apart from the head unit, I'll be looking at a detachable towbar, with appropriate wiring. Might consider a reversing camera, if the head unit allows it. It is mainly gonna be a workhorse for the family to be lugged around, so I don't want to go mad, but we might as well be in comfort! DAB would be very nice, as my 8 year old is obsessed by Radio X, might keep him quiet. :biggrin:

• Like 1