1988 Estelle 20v Turbo Quattro

Guest sters2000

11 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

@superbPerhaps - That's where the already fitted IMSA arch kit comes in; that's part of the bodywork. Use this Wikipedia deep link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini#End_of_production and look at the red M*n*; that's road legal because of the arch extensions.

Yes, but the wheels on the mini don't stick out past the arches. it looks as if the wheels on the skoda do.

Guest sters2000
On 1 October 2017 at 07:29, Dr Zoidberg said:

Are you planning on registering it as the Skoda or Audi, or will it end up as a Q?

It looks brilliant. 

Hope to register it as an audi TT powered skoda Estelle, that is what it is really !

1 hour ago, sters2000 said:

Hope to register it as an audi TT powered skoda Estelle, that is what it is really !

I genuinely don't know how they'd look at it. From one point of view, the running gear is all Audi and it just has a Skoda body dropped on top, but on the other hand it looks like a Skoda to me.

Where's the VIN on both vehicles?

Guest sters2000
44 minutes ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

I genuinely don't know how they'd look at it. From one point of view, the running gear is all Audi and it just has a Skoda body dropped on top, but on the other hand it looks like a Skoda to me.

Where's the VIN on both vehicles?

Both in the bulkhead panel, I've put the skoda vin back into it, where it was on the skoda, the o/s/f strut tower  would have covered it. There are lots of different model vehicles out there with this type of conversion I have done and they are all road legal and they've kept their original registration numbers, so there is a way !

Edited by sters2000

• 5 months later...

Saw your car at Northwest Supercars today, having built a few rally Estelles I was really impressed with your car it’s a real piece of engineering ingenuity. To me it was far more impressive than 99.9% of the other cars. 

• Like 1

Guest sters2000
On 25 March 2018 at 21:11, Rally130 said:

Saw your car at Northwest Supercars today, having built a few rally Estelles I was really impressed with your car it’s a real piece of engineering ingenuity. To me it was far more impressive than 99.9% of the other cars. 

Thanks, it's gets a lot of attention 

image.jpg

Guest sters2000
50 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

@sters2000 - That photo you posted in Sunday would be a good photo even if the car wasn't as interesting as your Estelle.

Thanks Ken, a photographer took this picture along with some others in a location at Liverpool docks, I quite like this 1 aswel...

image.jpg

On 01/04/2018 at 07:18, sters2000 said:

Thanks, it's gets a lot of attention 

image.jpg

Love it!  Has a look of the BMW E30 M3.

What's it like to drive?  Do you have any more details on the finished car?  I'd love to know more.  

• Like 1

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 17:59, sters2000 said:

It will have to be registered as the TT unfortunately, as you have rebodied that. They look at how much of the original car is left before deciding, and in this case, the running gear and chassis  (with the VIN number on) belong to a TT.

If you try and leave it as a Skoda you risk having it seized and crushed as a ringer (car with false plates basically) plus a potential prosecution (invalid insurance, road tax and MOT to name but a few)

Get it registered and have it plated as the TT to be safe, keep the Skoda plates for off road and show use only

Edited by octyal

Guest sters2000
1 hour ago, octyal said:

It will have to be registered as the TT unfortunately, as you have rebodied that. They look at how much of the original car is left before deciding, and in this case, the running gear and chassis  (with the VIN number on) belong to a TT.

If you try and leave it as a Skoda you risk having it seized and crushed as a ringer (car with false plates basically) plus a potential prosecution (invalid insurance, road tax and MOT to name but a few)

Get it registered and have it plated as the TT to be safe, keep the Skoda plates for off road and show use only

Let's not get all political eh ! There is enough arguing in the world over politics, if we are playing by the book it should be Q  plated but I will cross that bridge when I come to it for now I'm going to enjoy it, there are plenty rebodied cars out there on original plates.

1 hour ago, sters2000 said:

Let's not get all political eh ! There is enough arguing in the world over politics, if we are playing by the book it should be Q  plated but I will cross that bridge when I come to it for now I'm going to enjoy it, there are plenty rebodied cars out there on original plates.

Not trying to get political at all, just trying to help prevent you seeing your hard work turned into a 3ft square cube of crushed steel and plastic

• 1 month later...
Guest sters2000
On 16 May 2018 at 03:03, RobClubley said:

Love this!

Is it still registered as an Estelle? Or a TT?

Estelle TT Powered !

Guest sters2000
3 hours ago, petergarforth said:

Which it isn't. It's an Estelle shaped TT! 

So how should it be registered in your opinion then Peter ?

18 minutes ago, sters2000 said:

So how should it be registered in your opinion then Peter ?

As various people have pointed out it should be put through IVA to make it legal. At some point the law may catch up with you and you will be in a world of trouble if it happens - not least because you’re not paying the correct road tax. The DVLA are not known for leniency or being reasonable! 

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that it's still a TT with what's essentially a Skoda body kit on top, but it should be on a Q plate.
That's not to take anything away from the work you've done, just my interpretation of the law and what DVLA say here.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/radically-altered-vehicles