Re Painted wheels

My second set of Diamond Cut Wheels are beginning to blister (both sets lasted less than 20k miles)

Now thinking of having the wheels powder coated and wonder if anyone has any recommendations/pictures if they have gone down this road?

Hi i purchased some second hand Trinity's to replace my corroding Thermisto's. From what I have been told it is a waste of money having the wheels recut and there is a limit to the number of times they can be recut too. Although a full recon will be powder coated the final diamond cut exposes the aluminium for the final laquer coat this is not as tough as the powder coat neither is it 100% water repellent. Aparently any knick will allow water to wick under the laquer and begin corrosion. I have been told by one national refurbisher that they are constantly redoing range rovers due to the very poor Indian painting process. My advice is to have the wheels refurbed, but have them powder coated in sliver, it is cheaper and to be honest the finish will be as good but should last alot more than 20k, my car is 5 years old and has done 102k the wheels are Cr@#. I only bought the Trinity's as they were a bargain at £200 delivered for all 4 they needed a refurb but this is only £220 so about £105/wheel isn't that bad.

Edited by roynhayley
  • Like 1