17965 fault code MK1 TDI

Howdy all , so car is a mk1 2003 53 skoda octavia asv 110bhp estate lauren and klement 

Had a few issues a few months ago with it going into limp mode every other corner , since then changed the boost hoses to better silicone ones , changed the n75 for new one , from tps 

added a induction filter 

had it remapped ( subtle )

But to try and resolve the limp mode weve done the following-

Full Carbon clean ( offical dealer) 

Egr unplugged ( and egr mapped out) 

FULL can of Power maxed Turbo cleaner 

and 

Mr muscle nearly full can 

Since this its ran perfectly no issues , but today , came drove about 40 miles came off motorway and onto another , put foot down on the slip road and it gets to 3k revs approx and went into limp mode again !???>....turned on and off and drove fine for another 80miles all mway , but again offf mway onto slip road , put foot down and limp mode !??

I cant think of anyother way of cleaning this turbo as if that didnt do the job surely its a new turbo time?? 

Anyone had this , what did you do ( bearing in mind turbo is part of manifold ?) 

cheers

Ant

Mine used to drop into limp mode at the most awkward moment, like trying to overtake, since I had a new stainless cat back (cat had already been deleted) system fitted in January it's only gone into limp about 5 times, so I don't know if it was old system was causing too much back pressure ? I've got the Mr Muscle sitting there ready to do the job

As quoted in my original post ......

its been 

1) Carbon cleaned ( whole engine)

2) Mr Muscled 

3) Power maxed turbo cleaner 

4) Egr unplugged 

5) n75 boost regulator changed 

6) hoses changed 

;)

2 minutes ago, vwnutant said:

As quoted in my original post ......

its been 

1) Carbon cleaned ( whole engine)

2) Mr Muscled 

3) Power maxed turbo cleaner 

4) Egr unplugged 

5) n75 boost regulator changed 

6) hoses changed 

;)

I'd do an egr delete. As soot build up is the usual cause of it. Just unplugging it won't stop the soot building up. I'd also get a smoke test done in turbo boost piping and if that comes back ok look at replacing the turbo. There's plenty out there and you can get it overhauled before fitting. 

Yeah I got an egr delete and it was crap ! lol ....as Eric Collins off facebook had no in stock , should of waited , now got this decent egr delete sat waiting to go on , when I can build up the courage again ! ....

How and where/who does that smoke test ? 

Ant

Mines an 02 ASV 110 and I have been reliably informed no need to map out egr as the VE engine doesn't run the levels of control as the PD engines. 

thought they were like the other vag though , its the electronics like the passat upto 53 doesnt need mapping out but 2004 onwards does ? ....I know there different engines etc though not sure ?

Ant

If it's been mapped it's been mapped out it won't cause the issues. You'll have to search for garages local to you that do smoke tests, any mapping tuners should have the kit as if there's a leek you won't get the right map. I've had the same issues with my ASV and sticking veins.