Get my Red Red again!

I have bought and love my Red VRS, and some good efforts have been made with colourfast to try to bring it back but it still returns to a lighter (and far less attractive) orange/dull red, it is 13 years old after all and previous owners have not cared for it as I do.

Has anyone had had any luck or ideas with making theirs that shiny new red again?

P.S. Apologies if this has been covered on here but I have searched for "Red" and "paint" with no success. 

Many thanks in advance.

Red cars are a pain in the backside to keep the deep colour but can be done easy enough. Either machine polish and cut back, then polish and finally lock in with some good quality wax. Or by hand use something like meguires 3 stage which you can pick up on ebay for about 30 quid. It's a good few hours of hard work but gives great results. Once you have it back to a deep red then just use stage 3 which is the wax when it's needed to stop it oxidising and going pink.

I think once gone they generally need very regular waxing to keep their colour once it is brought back to life.....

On a car of a certain age too much machine polishing / cutting back could damage it further if it has been really neglected and previously polished trying to overcome this.