Retrofit amundsen + to yeti, vcds coding help please

johnnywilkins

Help please from a vagcom ace ... I removed the old Bolero unit from the 2011 1.6 tdi greenline yeti, fitted the correct microphone in place in the light cluster, connected up the satnav and radio antennas to back of the unit with the microphone to the quadlock ( pins 6 and 12 ) and put the 4 digit code in. She fired up immediately with satnav,radio,cd and sd music card all working great. Paired up the wifes phone in the car and then rang her from my phone, she got me through the speakers ok but I couldn't receive her speech. Does the car know it has the new amundsen + fitted ? if not why does everything else work ? I've done a bit of vcds and so far have enabled navigation in the installations part of can-gateway making no difference at all. When I bring up the box which should show the bluetooth / transceiver tickboxes I have no text next to them. Could somebody out there please show me through the new/retrofit vcds procedure please.

Many thanks in advance.  

You've connected the microphone wires to which terminals? :wondering: 6 & 12 aren't for the microphone, but there are three different plugs in the quadlock and they all have 12 (or more) terminals. So where have you connected the microphone exactly?

|You need to connect it to these terminals

Esquema%20microfono%20vw.jpg

which are 1 & 7 on that block.

Thanks Rustynuts, but the drawing you have there is exactly 180 degrees out to the Yeti / bolero / amundsen plus

set up

Plug connections on the navigation system 
8-pin plug connection -A-, (outlet for loudspeakers) 
1 -  Speaker + rear right 
2 -  Speaker + front right 
3 -  Speaker + front left 
4 -  Speaker + rear left 
5 -  Speaker - rear right 
6 -  Speaker - front right 
7 -  Speaker - front left 
8 -  Speaker - rear left 
12-pin plug connection -B-, (control for CD changer and input signals audio CD) 
1 -  AUX/MDI - input, left channel 
2 -  AUX/MDI - audio earth 
3 -  CD changer, audio earth 
4 -  CD changer/MDI, voltage supply terminal 30 
6 -  CD changer, DATA output 
7 -  AUX/MDI - input, right channel 
8 -  CD changer, left channel, CD/L 
9 -  CD changer, right channel, CD/R 
10 -  CD changer, control signal 
11 -  CD changer, DATA input 
12 -  CD changer, CLOCK  
12-pin plug connection -C-, (telephone signals, microphone) 
5 -  Telephone audio input l - 
6 -  Telephone audio input r - 
11 -  Telephone audio input l + 
12 -  Telephone audio input r + Plug connections on the navigation system 
8-pin plug connection -A-, (outlet for loudspeakers) 
1 -  Speaker + rear right 
2 -  Speaker + front right 
3 -  Speaker + front left 
4 -  Speaker + rear left 
5 -  Speaker - rear right 
6 -  Speaker - front right 
7 -  Speaker - front left 
8 -  Speaker - rear left 
12-pin plug connection -B-, (control for CD changer and input signals audio CD) 
1 -  AUX/MDI - input, left channel 
2 -  AUX/MDI - audio earth 
3 -  CD changer, audio earth 
4 -  CD changer/MDI, voltage supply terminal 30 
6 -  CD changer, DATA output 
7 -  AUX/MDI - input, right channel 
8 -  CD changer, left channel, CD/L 
9 -  CD changer, right channel, CD/R 
10 -  CD changer, control signal 
11 -  CD changer, DATA input 
12 -  CD changer, CLOCK  
12-pin plug connection -C-, (telephone signals, microphone) 
5 -  Telephone audio input l - 
6 -  Telephone audio input r - 
11 -  Telephone audio input l + 
12 -  Telephone audio input r + 
8-pin plug connection -D-, (supply line and CAN bus) 
9 -  CAN bus + 
10 -  CAN bus - 
12 -  Terminal 31 
15 -  Terminal 30 
16 -  Terminal 30 - (anti-theft code control signal, „SAFE“) 
  Notet   The assignment of the stated plug contacts depends upon the vehicle equipment. 
t   Plug contacts which have not been listed are not used. 

8-pin plug connection -D-, (supply line and CAN bus) 
9 -  CAN bus + 
10 -  CAN bus - 
12 -  Terminal 31 
15 -  Terminal 30 
16 -  Terminal 30 - (anti-theft code control signal, „SAFE“) 
  Notet   The assignment of the stated plug contacts depends upon the vehicle equipment. 
t   Plug contacts which have not been listed are not used. 

Aerial contacts 
1 -  Aerial contact connection for the radio reception AM and FM 
2 -  Aerial contact connection for the radio reception FM 
3 -  Aerial contact connection for GPS navigation 

Tried to get the drawing off the yeti manual data sheet but I can't move it, only got the text above, but if you flip your drawing upside down , then I am in those connections. I've also tried several variations of those 12 pins all to no avail. Maybe its a duff mike ( have put a multimeter resistance test on the terminal ends and got a 0 reading , is that right ?) but as I'm pretty much baffled by electrics, sent for a new mike anyway. I thought it was a case of telling the car that it had now got an amundsen + instead of a bolero, and that the transceiver/bluetooth had to be enabled with vcds which is why I posted in this section. 

The orientation of the plug makes no difference to the pin/terminal numbers. Turn it upside down and pins 1 & 7 will still be pins 1 & 7. To avoid any further confusion, us the terminal numbers rather than their relative position if things move 180°.

So, your mike is correctly connected, and the rest of the Bluetooth functions are all working? You haven't made the mistake of trying to code in a seperate Bluetooth module rather than the inbuilt Bluetooth in the Amundsen, have you? See here.

After that, it sounds like there may be a faulty mike (or connection).

Thanks for that rustynuts, I understand the diagram, as I said in vcds when I bring up the bluetooth module, it does not show any text next to the tickboxes, bit 4 is ticked, bit 5 is unticked but as I say there is no text to say what the boxes are for. 

I would consider buying the genuine version of Ross Tech's product. Using old, stolen/hacked software is an annoyance to Ross Tech who produce the software and hardware, and also to end users who have to ask why they can't do all the stuff they want to.

Didn't realise that it was a stolen \ hacked cable rustynuts, since I ticked the navigation box its showing the compass directions and pointers in the mfd though, so something has worked with it. Still no mike though, and all I was wondering was the initial coding that may have been necessary when retrofitting a new unit. Does the part no. coincide with a bluetooth integrated model ?

Your software version is about four and a half years out of date, VCDS had a big update of both the software and the firmware to the lead about 12 months ago to allow a lot more info to be both accessed and coded.

If your software is legit, I suggest you update it, however, if it is an ebay clone lead, then the software will reject the lead following the update as it recognises copied leads.

If the lead is a clone, I would not expect much help or support on here as Ross Tech support is very good, and we try to help this as much as possible by not getting involved with clone software.

Hope you sort your issue one way or the other, but you need more up to date info before you go coding really.

Thanks Fishaman, have checked that, and it does have bluetooth, we are actually up and running now by swapping the two leads in the little green plug from 6 and 12 as stated in the Yeti manual to 1 and 7. Voice comes out ok now but is of a low volume compared to the voice going in, there also seems to be a lot of static ( if thats the correct terminology ) so if anybody knows how to increase the mike volume and get rid of the " static " I would greatly appreciate the advice. I really do wish I knew more about electronics !!

• Like 1

Rusty, Langers2k or Adamal, seem to know their stuff on this sort of issue, so they may have some suggestions for you later on.

If you do require coding, there may be a local member who would help you out with a more up to date VCDS software to save you having to invest large amounts of money at this time. There is a member map at the top of this VCDS section of the forum.

Hope it helps

2 things I've learnt ( yet again ) anything thats a lot cheaper than an original is usually no good.
The vcds I used was an 80 quid clone from t'internet and wouldn't show any text in the Nav module ( even though it showed byte 3 bit 5 as unticked - correct for mic.enablement ) when I kicked it all off with Paypal and sent it back, the package came back with a Royal mail sticker stating" no such address ". I hadn't paid, thanks to the 14 day agreement, hopefully Paypal get their money back. 
            The mic. supplied with the amundsen + was a 3BD 035 711 ( made in China ) and I tried another one exactly the same off E'bay ( 9 quid ), could just about hear from the car after swapping from pins 6 and 12 on the green plug to 1 and 7. Proper one arrived today from Amazon, 17 quid... 3B0 035 711B made in Germany by Paragon, done a full scan on my new vcds 17.1 from Ross Tech and cleared the DTC's. Blew me away. So if anyone sees this......
1 Fault Found:
03753 - Control Module for Microphone 
            004 - No Signal/Communication
or Microphone- open circuit.
Then your mikes busted and don't be tempted to buy the cheap' un   Wink
Thanks to everyone again.
P.S. Does anyone know if its possible to code the Fag lighter so that it goes off with the ignition key - off ?