VRS Advice

lingus

Hi all

Don't laugh but i'm looking to downsize from my s2000 to a F Vrs, a couple of questions as i can't see a faq.

Whats the average price insurance companies will put up after a remap?? Where is the best comp to go with?

What can suffer as a result of a remap? gearbox/clutch issues?

What will a Cupra 160 intake do for me and where can you get them from?

What exactly will i need to fit my alpine HU into the car?

Thanks

Jeff

The SEARCH button would have furnished you with some answers im sure but welcome anyhow and lets get down to brass tacks.

1. Really depends on your age with insurance. Just a matter of ringing around.

2. If going for a custom remap than yes after a time the clutch can start to slip in higher gears around 3-4000 rpm.

3. Oddly enough the SEAT Ibiza Cupra inlet can be bought from a SEAT dealer, you need both parts, total cost is around £30. The inlet trunking is bigger and allows more air into the airbox (more suitable for remapped cars). Part numbers are on the site.

4. The vRS is fitted with ISO connectors, all that may be needed is the ign and perm wires swapping over (should have bullet conectors in the loom to allow this) and you will also need a small dash trim for the smaller fascia, again part numbers are on here, costs about £3 from you dealer.

DONT DO IT!!! The VRS is a great car but I couldnt change from my S to one on a permenant basis, buy an ollder one as a second car, youll really miss it :)

Slightly off topic but are you a member of s2ki by any chance? It would be a good place to advertise the S if you do try to sell it