Used Approved?

Fredd636

Hi, I'm just about to buy my first Skoda - an Octavia. I've found the info on this site really useful in helping me make my decision. My one remaining questions is whether to buy 'used approved'. For five year old TSI petrol engines the cost seems to be £500 - £1,000 more than non 'used approved': so I'm wondering whether people think the extra money is worth it? Do Skoda do enough to make sure their used approved are worth the extra money? 

Thanks

Freddie

Welcome.

Skoda do nothing as far as i know of, Dealerships might check them well or not.

The 12 month Skoda Warranty is good to have, the checks or 'Qualified Technician Safety / workshop checks', if done properly.

No guarantee of a Service being done if one is not due or overdue, so check the Warranty & Service History and the stuff that should be on the Skoda Computer System, ask the Dealership Employee what the History is and for a print out, and ask where they got it from and do they know what the vehicles previous uses were, Hire / Lease car, Driving School, Courtesy car or the likes.

I bought my mk2 fabia last week as a Skoda Approved.

I thought the asking price was in line with what most dealers wanted.

I took advantage of the 'Big Event' at the dealers - it was £500 manufacturers contribution, two services for £139, 12 month warranty and 12 months Skoda Assist, as long as you took a pcp agreement.

This helped to sweeten the deal.