57 reg Fabia windows

Hi everyone,

about a a year ago I replaced my drivers window switch because the drivers window worked intermittently. This seemed to fix it but occasionally would still jitter going up or down or the motor would try then stop as if the limit was reached so I silicone greased the runners and 9 of 10 times the window worked fine first time so I left it.

now it's came back and a day or 2 later the drivers window does not work at all, the passenger works from the drivers controls but nothing on the drivers, you can't hear the motor try to engage or anything. So I tried the key in the door and holding it in the lock and unlocking position and then both windows operated. 

Ive tried looking at the loom between the body and the door where wires sometimes break, one has slight copper showing (not broken fully) but I think that was actually my trying to get it off! Everything else looked like new. 

Anyone got any ideas? 

Thnaks,

Ben

Ok so after much swearing I've got them working.

i took the door card out and had a good look at the loom to see if anything looked a missed, thought I'd try unplugging and replugging to see what happened, first one I did was the 90degree connector on the motor and the other side that connects to the loom, put it back on and it worked! So I've got some contact cleaner and sprayed it in and tyres to rub with a cotton bud, then dried with a hair dryer, put everything back and good as new now :) 

Hopefully that will be a total fix, but, I had the same issues on my old mk11 Fabia did exactly the same as you, sure it worked fine for a while, but eventually no matter how much I cleaned, unplugged plugged back in etc etc permanent loss of Windows, next time, if you are unlucky and have to take the door card off get the part number off the motor and keep your eyes open for one on flea bay etc, they used to be like rocking horse poo and weren't cheap either ( there is a modual attached to the motor and allegedly the pcb is renowned for going awol )