Phone Compatibility

g6zru

My wife is just about to order a new Seat Mii to replace her current one. As there is no Mii forum and the VW Up one is not as friendly as here I'm hoping to get an answer here.

Unfortunately the "much loved",(by my wife!) PID has been discontinued and replaced by a smartphone holder.

My question is how can I find out which smartphone is compatible with the latest cars?

I have just replaced my Huewei smartphone and as t is now redundant I was hoping she could use it in the car so that it can remain in place at all times.

Fred

My pid never connects to my huewei so I suppose it is a case of suck it and see. As the pid is being discontinued, as they die will older citigo become pid less or does anyone know if the new cradle will fit in the old citigo socket ?

I think I'd prefer an MY17 without the PID as now I've upgraded to an iPhone 7 Plus it would have been a better unit to have on the dash than the PID and I wouldn't have to worry about the faulty Bluetooth music playback.

For what it's worth I'd always recommend an iPhone and I see the Move and Fun app for iPhone doesn't seem to have the bugs the Andriod app has. If you're on a pay monthly deal have a look at discount schemes offered by network providers, for example I work for the local council so I qualify for Vodafone's 30% advantage discount on SIM's (15% on phones). You might as well, it's worth an ask. An iPhone SE is a good shout I found you like a smaller handset, giffgaff sell them and I really like giffgaff, they're very flexible and very reasonable though not the bargain they once were but you can buy used unlocked phones from them and pay monthly which could be convenient for you. Otherwise the 6S is still a good current handset and the latest flagship 7 is better still. Costly though; I bought my 7 plus through the iPhone upgrade program from Apple direct and it costs me £38 odd a month with the Apple Care + (0% APR and £119 for 2 years of Apple care. If you buy on normal finance it's 14.9% APR so it's almost as much money to have one without Apple Care and after 11 months I can upgrade to a new handset). My contract with Vodafone is 30% off due to my job and a further 30% off as I threaten to leave every year so I pay £49 per month all in and then a futher £4 a month for insurance through Insure and go.