Clearing Sat Nav before sale

Hi all

My Octavia will be going soon and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for clearing the Sat Nav stored locations quickly? I can delete them one by one, but that would take forever!  I don't suppose it's also possible to copy those locations to put into the new cars system, It will be VAG system also?

I just went into the main menu and found the option which I think said something like restore to factory settings and that seemed to reset most things but there should be an option under the Nav option too to delete everything there as well.

• Like 2

^ What this guy said. Just do the factory reset in the settings if your car is going soon.

There isn't a way to export the locations from the existing car and import them into another as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

i would recommend this to all owners selling on their car...

i recently bought a 2014 vrs estate and in the sat nav was all the previous owners stored locations... including his own home address and his parents address...:o

if these were to fall into the wrong hands...

in saying that i put on mu inspector clauseau hat and deduced that the previous owner was sales rep for a medical company as he had every hospital in Ireland also stored... either that or he has a lot of sick relatives...:biggrin:

• Like 1