Lowering springs and shocks

Hi all,

I have recently had some H&R 40 mm lowering springs fitted, my car feels quite bouncy since. I have ordered some Koni STR.T shock absorbers to hopefully reduce the bouncy ride, I was unaware that I could of purchased these as a lowering kit at the time of purchasing the springs. 

My car is a 2008 Fabia 1.9 TDI which is on 93k miles. I have been advised by a friend to replace the front and rear top strut mounts, strut bearings, rear bump stops, dust covers and also the rubber mounts.

I don't have a clue what to do, or what needs replacing. Also is it really necessary to replace all of these parts?

Any help would be very much appreciated

M Singh

Replacing those parts could be put down to preventative maintenance. At nearly ten years old & 100,000 miles it could be an idea to change them especially as you're taking the old ones off.

Edited by Jeeves73

I think so yes. The H&R part number is 29073-2

I have the standard wheels and tyres on the car. Only other thing I've done is had the powerflex front handling kit fitted.