Blank touch screen

My 63 plate Octavia elegance 1.6 Diesel touch screen is  blank. I have checked fuses behind glove box and all appear to be ok. Ive also had the screen out to check the plugs haven't come loose and they appear to be ok. It is a month since i had the upgrade to the Kenwood sat nav system fitted and did think that may be it has something to do with that fitment. The radio etc still works, but only what is available using the mfsw. I have the car booked in at my local dealer for later this month. I took out a Skoda extended warranty when the original warranty expired, but not certain if it will be covered. Anybody any ideas. Thank you for any help/info. 

Have you tried doing the soft reset on it? Hold the power/volume knob in for about 10-15 seconds and it should force a reboot of the unit. If that doesn't make any difference then there may be a fault in the unit or screen, but will probably need a dealer to investigate. Unless you took the "named components" cover the unit should be covered under warranty I think.

Thank you for that info. I had a check of the fuses again last Saturday and again all ok. I then tried the radio fuse by removing it for about 30 seconds. This seemed to work and has been ok since.

On 5/6/2017 at 09:52, ahenners said:

Have you tried doing the soft reset on it? Hold the power/volume knob in for about 10-15 seconds and it should force a reboot of the unit. If that doesn't make any difference then there may be a fault in the unit or screen, but will probably need a dealer to investigate. Unless you took the "named components" cover the unit should be covered under warranty I think.

There is an interface box for the Kenwood sat nav, that plugs inline between the radio box in the glovebox and the screen. So it might be a loose connection there?

That will be all stashed up behind the glovebox. I would advise letting the dealer look, as its a right pain trying to get it all neatly stashed in that small space. That maybe the issue, maybe a cable is trapped or strained and coming unplugged a bit.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the suggestions. The screen went off after about 21 days. Got the  car booked in with local dealer for when we returned after a driving holiday. Two days before taking it in the screen went blank,so didn't do anything to it. They said it needed a software upgrade.

Since the upgrade it has been fine.

• 3 months later...

Up date to the touchscreen problem. Software upgrade done by dealer. Lasted about 3 weeks. Took it back and they disconnected the Kenwood system as a diagnostic tool. Lasted about 4 weeks, then went blank. Told it was the touchscreen faulty needs a new one ,expensive even with discount. Last week new touchscreen went blank, booked in for investigation again this coming Monday.

Clearly not a problem with a touchscreen, but elsewhere. Get your cashback and see if you can get another unit, or aftermarket with CANBUS, there are cool replacement units in the market.