Facebook Messenger calls via bluetooth...?

A times when I've been driving my phone has rung and it's the GF calling me on Facebook Messenger. It appears on the dash display but I can't answer it. Whenever I try nothing happens. I have the Amundsen Satnav/ICE unit.

Is it the dreaded "user error"? Normal phone calls are fine. I'm surprised the ICE unit shows the incoming FB Messenger call if you can't actually answer it. Perhaps I'm not using the ICE correctly.

Anyone else had this? 

How do you connect your phone to the unit? 

I don`t have any problem using Messenger or WhatsApp for making or receiving calls via Bluetooth or CarPlay. I have Amundsen MIB2

7 hours ago, imikk3 said:

How do you connect your phone to the unit? 

I don`t have any problem using Messenger or WhatsApp for making or receiving calls via Bluetooth or CarPlay. I have Amundsen MIB2

Just the usual bluetooth setup. I can make and receive normal phone calls but no joy with answering FB Messenger.

2 hours ago, Lingnoi said:

Just the usual bluetooth setup. I can make and receive normal phone calls but no joy with answering FB Messenger.

You could try to set the Bluetooth settings back to factory on the head unit plus delete the pairing from the phone and re connect again. I presume you have the latest update of the iOS system and FB Messenger..?

On 2017-5-15 at 22:58, imikk3 said:

You could try to set the Bluetooth settings back to factory on the head unit plus delete the pairing from the phone and re connect again. I presume you have the latest update of the iOS system and FB Messenger..?

That's something I haven't tried so I'll give it a go. I'm using an Android phone, which is as up to date as a 3 year phone can be but FB Messenger is up to date.

I'm glad to hear that it is possible to use FB Messenger with Bluetooth. :)