Clicking noise and Clock/stats reset

Hi people,

My clock/stats have reset 2 times in the last 7 days and I am starting to have a clicking sound like when you are using the turn light just a little faster. The sound is comming when I do a turn and after the click for Straighting the wheels. 

Thanks

(From Denmark)

Hello!

Ill "hazard" a guess and say its the relay for the hazard lights starting to die.

A short circuit anywhere can cause mayhem with these cars.

The relay is located behind the hazard switch in middle of the dashboard, and easy to swap. Before that though, just check all your indicator bulbs, and connectors. It could that simple.. if a bulb is blown or missing it reduces the circuit resistance and makes the indicators flash faster :)

If that doesnt sort it... then its a dried out solder joint on your instrument cluster. Theres a guide on how to remove and reflow the circuit board, otherwise its a new/second hand cluster.

Does the display reset when you start the car or during a drive?

I fixed the clicking noise by spraying some contact cleaner into the turn light switch.

So now I only have my clock problem. and today a saw it happen. When I turn of the ignition it is like to car dies of power. everything turned of and gauges like fuel was going down strange motion.

@Foppwin Are you an electronics engineer or technician? If not, then I'd suggest you refer the issue to an automotive electrician (ask at a local dealership where they send problems they can't diagnose to for a recommendation) and tell him our tentative diagnosis.