Idiot has scartched my car

Evening all

Well where exactly do I start? Came out to my motor a few days ago after being parked up to nip to the shops and found what can only be described as a deliberate scratch across the passenger left side door panel.

To say I was ****** off is an understatement. I really just don't get it. I could understand if I parked like a loon or did something to draw unwanted attention and let's all be honest now, unless your asking for trouble by going to the shops in a Lamborghini, who would want to scratch a VRS?

It's garaged safely of a night so I can't think of anywhere else this has been done and it isn't like I have enemies or a following, if you get my drift. Clearly, because the car is modified and lets just say, looks the part, I think someone has decided to take their frustrations out on it. There's no way this is accidental.

Incidentally, no CCTV in area so that's out of the window and even if there was, doubt it would go anywhere. Also, nobody around at the time to ask and wasn't exactly in the mood to go foot stomping or look for anyone either.

Makes me really paranoid now about leaving it and I feel even more security conscious now about where I park up. You'd think in today's world, people would at the very least, respect other peoples property including cars.

Clearly not.

20170502_190513.jpg

20170502_190504.jpg

I feel your pain.  Someone scraped my bumper in a car park not so long ago & drove off.  I take care of my stuff and can't abide it when someone does some damage & doesn't sort it out.  Yours is even worse as it was deliberate & not due to a lack of spacial awareness.

Take a look at the depth of the scratch. It may well polish out.

Obviously it shouldn't have happened in the first place, but such is the world we live in :sadsmile:

Are you sure this was malicious (not saying it isn't) - but the scratch looks quite shallow and the curve is also not that jagged - as if if someone carried something past it and rubbed the car with whatever they were carrying? Just a possibility i guess. Looks like majority of that will polish out with some decent autoglym super resin and a bit of hard graft

Edited by kton200281

Looks like a bag scratch. You should get that out. 

I had had a Bodyshop take most of a scratch out of the side of my car. It literally went the whole length. Everything dissapeated except three small marks at the deepest points. 

Much cheaper than a respray!! 

I can understand your anger. Very often that happens here in SouthWest of France, our parking lots are marked too small and ignorant people opens the door bump into yours...and another spot or they scratch your side with their coat zipper.

First rule here: Never park beside an older Renault Clio or Twingo. These little cars have enormous long doors!

Since I no longer park close to the building,  a little further away, it does not happen often. Thank goodness all the spots were only in the clear coat so far.

Edited by 0ctavist

I feel your pain. My ******** neighbour keyed the rear driver's door of my car because I dared to take the parking space outside his house. It was definitely deliberate as it was vertical, deep and you could see a curve in it consistent with somebody bending their wrist. Car is in the paint shop today having the bonnet, back door and rear bumper resprayed to get rid of that scratch and the stone chips/ battle scars from its life before I got it. The scratch didn't end up costing me anything as the paint place found something else wrong with the door from a previous spray job and they would have had to do it anyway.

Zips, coats and bags - the enemy of car paintwork! Whereabouts in Cheshire are you?

If you're close, I can take a look and see if it'll come out with my DA polisher.

Hey chaps

Ok, on a closer inspection of this, perhaps and I do say 'perhaps' it could be a bag or something of that description however, I always park far away and did in this instance.

This does not mean to say that someone did infact park adjacent whilst I was away from the car to then leave prior to me returning.

It's done now and I'm a bit calmer shall we say. Due to how upset and angry I felt at the time, like most in fairness, all rationality was lost and I immediately assumed it had been done in. I love my car to bits and I'm not ashamed to admit it. But, this is one of the pitfalls of owning a motor and can happen anywhere I spose.

Wardy, I live in a town called Knutsford. Unsure how far/close that is in relation to you.

Hey all

Just thought I'd be courteous and let you all know the scratch has now been repaired. Wardy, thank you for all your help you really did do a fantastic job.

Your a proper top guy and I appreciate your passion for detailing and giving me your time. Once again, Briskoda has come to my rescue.

• Like 2