First Skoda Superb

Hi,

Id like some advice on a deal that I went for. Originlay a Simpsons deal.

I ordered on the 7th March 17 with £2490 down and then £159 at 23 months and to take delivery at the end of May beginning of June.

Marshall Skoda Agreed and I signed the paperwork and walked away but still to this day I have had 4 emails from the dealership with no confirmed build date or anything to suggest that the car is being built. They seem very secretive.

However Skoda UK on Facebook have confirmed yesterday that I should have the car in 3 weeks.

I want to know if this is normal from a dealership and has anybody else had a similar experience? Ive seen from forums that lead times can be as good as 8-10 weeks to as bad as 6months.

thanks

Jules

• Like 1

Seems to be luck of the draw with both dealers and lead times.

My dealer has been very informative and quick with updates...although I've always been the one to email them first, they are quick to respond.

And as for my lead time... was quoted 12 weeks and has turned out to be just 7

That seems a very good deal.  If you don't mind...what spec/trim have you gone for? Is that on a PCH or PCP?  What mileage have you specified?  

Good price that. 

EDIT: I was kept updated at all significant points from my dealer, e.g order accepted, build week confirmed, car getting built, car built, car in transport, car in port, car in dealership.  It then went to rat 5hi7 once the dealer had it, with me needing to chase up information and arrange a collection date (repeatedly) 

Edited by penguin17

Hi Jules, I went for the same deal with a few deviations (couple of extras and a mileage adjustment). I was initially told 12 weeks for delivery but the car actually arrived in 10.

Unfortunately I have to say that from placing the order right through to delivery, communication with the dealership was dire and left me with very little confidence in them! The general lack of communication caused a few problems with the order actually but we got there in the end. :)

From what I've read on this forum I don't think it is unusual to hear little or nothing until shortly before the car is delivered, however, based on my experience it might be worth nipping into the dealer and making sure all the details on your order are correct and don't take anything for granted.

The car will be worth the wait...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Whaty said:

Hi Jules, I went for the same deal with a few deviations (couple of extras and a mileage adjustment). I was initially told 12 weeks for delivery but the car actually arrived in 10.

Unfortunately I have to say that from placing the order right through to delivery, communication with the dealership was dire and left me with very little confidence in them! The general lack of communication caused a few problems with the order actually but we got there in the end. :)

From what I've read on this forum I don't think it is unusual to hear little or nothing until shortly before the car is delivered, however, based on my experience it might be worth nipping into the dealer and making sure all the details on your order are correct and don't take anything for granted.

The car will be worth the wait...

Thanks Whaty for your input, however i did go to the dealer today and he said that the car will be built in the next week or 2 from order on the 7th March.

He also mentioned that all the SE Tech that they have ordered are late going to build week.

12 hours ago, penguin17 said:

That seems a very good deal.  If you don't mind...what spec/trim have you gone for? Is that on a PCH or PCP?  What mileage have you specified?  

Good price that. 

EDIT: I was kept updated at all significant points from my dealer, e.g order accepted, build week confirmed, car getting built, car built, car in transport, car in port, car in dealership.  It then went to rat 5hi7 once the dealer had it, with me needing to chase up information and arrange a collection date (repeatedly) 

Penguin17 I have gone for a bog standard SE Tech 150 Estate in Quartz Grey on PCH with 2490 down and 159 for 23 months with 20000 over 2 years. More then i need.

Originaly this was a Simpsons deal in Preston but considering my geographic location I directly went to my local dealer and they accepted no dramas.

I gave them a link and all was done from my local Skoda dealer for a June delivery. The end of May start of June  I may add.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jules2107 said:

Penguin17 I have gone for a bog standard SE Tech 150 Estate in Quartz Grey on PCH with 2490 down and 159 for 23 months with 20000 over 2 years. More then i need.

Originaly this was a Simpsons deal in Preston but considering my geographic location I directly went to my local dealer and they accepted no dramas.

I gave them a link and all was done from my local Skoda dealer for a June delivery. The end of May start of June  I may add.

Good choice. Same as mine :biggrin:

I'm starting to think I should have gone with Simpsons!

I went to the dealer yesterday and they showed me a screen on the computer with SE Techs on! They all had a problem as he explained but he wasn't sure what the problem is.

15 hours ago, Jules2107 said:

Sounds a great deal TBH.  Getting a Superb for Fabia money, surely?   Quartz grey looks ace in the metal too. 

Hope the remainder of your wait is smooth and trouble free.