Emerging Problem with Home deliveries

Clunkclick

Bloke next door keeps on intercepting my home deliveries before I can get the front door. 

A card always get shoved through the door by the delivery agent, but when I knock on the front door he either doesn't answer or has gone out in the interim. Its only when her in doors comes home that I get a proper response.

Seems that some of the delivery agents are misstating where the items delivered.

I was in the house at 14:00 on wards in the lounge, not 6 feet from the door, heard no knock, but at 14:29 got an e-mail from Amazon saying that the item had been delivered to "Reception" (This is a residential premises). The card in the letter box said "Delivered to your next door neighbour at number 5". Knocked twice on the door - no response.

The same was attempted the other day but I beat him to the front door - same MO  delivery agent knocked very softly on front door, I only just heard it being 6 feet away in the front room and by the time I got to the front door, my neighbour had  already got his front door open, which, when I opened mine and took delivery, was slammed.

This is getting a regular feature now.

Worth reporting to the cops (Abstracting/attempted theft ?) and the Delivery companies ? Or do I just bust down his front door and get my goods back ?

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

I think that would be a bit of over reaction in the circumstances and current conditions.

Somebodies playing annoying ******'s incorporated  . . . and its not me for. a change

I'm retired and this guy is at home all day. 

Soon as any van draws-up, and its usually for me, he is like some over-active pooch harrassing the postman and  is at the front door attempting to take the parcel before the delivery agent has knocked on my front door.

Eventually, today, after knocking on his front door a couple of times, I retrieved my parcel and warned him off doing it again. What a curry basher would need with a bottle of Madeira is anybody's guess - hardly their taste. 

Care in the Community has a lot to answer for.

Nick

As usual, it gets even better, this week, in a Victor Meldrew sort of way.

Earlier this week I attempted to re-book a GP appointment j(My usual GP) that I'd had to cancel the week before due to a conflict with an unexpected and urgent Hospital appointment. This was a recall by the GPs blood -testing service on an annual cardiac blood -test, so not exactly niff-naff and trivia.

So, I noticed last time I signed-on to my account on the  GPs web server that they'd enabled the account for making GP appointments (Previously it had just been prescriptions only) . I thought, this'll save time. When I logged-on, I found that my GP wasn't listed as an available option. Not to worry, I thought, I give them a call on my landline.

But they'd changed the automated call system, so that after selecting appointments by key depression,  instead of going directly to the receptionist, I was taken to another menu., but  there was a fault with the voice recording telling you what the options were - you could barely hear it and it was breaking-up.  I tried randomly pressing buttons to see if anything  happen, nothing. Tried the same on the mobile and by putting the phone close to my ear, I could just about hear the menu options under the appointments menu. So, I selected speak directly to the receptionist . . . . and I think I made her afternoon . . . 

. . . somebody fiddling the system to make patients take a new doctor ? Why not do it the easy way ?

N

Edited by Clunkclick