Front wishbone bolt snapped

Hi to all

Want to take off the front wishbone to replace the bush, bolt snapped. Was trying to cut the bolt  by grinder to take the wishbone out but no luck cos tight space

20170529_185241.jpg

20170529_185253.jpg

You might have to look at taking the whole carrier off, because you'll need space to drill out the remains as well. Might be easier than removing enough bits to get the space you need.

So that looks like the front mount? I've only been under mine once to tweak the tracking in order to centre the steering wheel (very new owner) so have just searched a few images. I used the rear mount as the axle stand location. Looking at the images I can't tell if the casting for the front mount connects to the rear mount as well, which may give problems with keeping the car in the air. If separate it should be three or four bolts, if connected then maybe seven.

You could remove the undertray and use one of the 'chassis mail's that are otherwise protected in plastic. Have had to remove the Fabia ones a couple of times to do the rear bushes and they freed off ok on a much older car.

You won't be able to use a ramp as you will remove support to that corner - ok not completely but it will be a sod of a job to reconnect.

Drilling the steel bolt remains out of the aluminium carrier will take care not to wreck the carrier of course.

• 2 weeks later...