Chrome strips, new Columbus 9.2

Any photos on this:

Chrome strips on side buffers and doors and a black interior ceiling will be available for the L&K equipment version making the refined top version of ŠKODA’s flagship even more impressive from the end of May 2017.

I've found new interior photo with Columbus 9.2:

2018-skoda-superb.jpg

Interesting, but why are so many car manufacturers touting emergency call as something special they are giving you?  It's a legal requirement to fit it now!  Part of the new EU car type approval regs.  It shouldn't even be listed as a 'free option'.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Juicee said:

Any photos on this:

Chrome strips on side buffers and doors and a black interior ceiling will be available for the L&K equipment version making the refined top version of ŠKODA’s flagship even more impressive from the end of May 2017.

I've found new interior photo with Columbus 9.2:

2018-skoda-superb.jpg

Really don't like that at all. It looks like an afterthought. I feel the same about all the tablet like screens in new cars. 

5 hours ago, Jaytip said:

Really don't like that at all. It looks like an afterthought. I feel the same about all the tablet like screens in new cars. 

I agree actually - it looks really odd. Maybe if the rest of the controls in the centre console were flush it might look better, but it doesn't flow at all.

6 hours ago, Jaytip said:

This was my thinking too, looks too similar to the Mercedes screens which look like a chunky iPad that's been blu-tacked to the dash.......

Also good luck to anyone trying to use those touchscreen buttons on a bumpy road, I like my current Columbus with actual buttons that you can find without looking, and that provide haptic feedback. My screen is big enough too thanks :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Juicee said:

Must see it in reality otherwise it's hard to say. I'm more curious about that exterior chrome strip on the doors. Haven't seen any photo yet.

Agreed about the chrome strips, would like to see how they look. In fact they're possibly the only thing I might be envious of

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drewellis said:

Agreed about the chrome strips, would like to see how they look. In fact they're possibly the only thing I might be envious of

Let's not forget though - the Skoda Superb and chrome strips have history.... Another thing to fall off? :blink:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

Let's not forget though - the Skoda Superb and chrome strips have history.... Another thing to fall off? :blink:

:D you've made me feel better, I don't want them actually :D

• Like 2

I've managed to make some visualization of new chrome strips (taken from Czech configurator).
-Top row is how new chrome trim will look
-Middle row is how car looks without additional chrome package (current cars)
-Last row is how it should look in my opinion :)

998a840e47636fa9.jpg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, eraserski said:

I've managed to make some visualization of new chrome strips (taken from Czech configurator).
-Top row is how new chrome trim will look
-Middle row is how car looks without additional chrome package (current cars)
-Last row is how it should look in my opinion :)

998a840e47636fa9.jpg

Totally agree, the chrome chin strap isn't cool, and the rear just needs some modernisation with exhaust trims! :) nice job on these