Bonnet latch lubrication

Rabitus

Hi,

I apologise in advance if this topic has been covered before. I've just bought a 58 plate Roomster with full Skoda service history. When opening the bonnet, I notice that the latch mechanism seems devoid of any lubrication. On my previous cars I've always found that bonnet latch mechanisms have been greased or oiled, which is something I've always attended to during routine maintenance. 

Is is there any reason why the mechanism should appear dry, and if it should be lubricated, what is the recommended method?

I've used ordinary LM grease in the past, with a bit of 3 in1 around any swivelling parts. Would be very grateful for suggestions or comments.

Rabitus.

Edited by Rabitus
Typo

Hi Ken, 

Many thanks for the quick reply. I understand that there's a sensor somewhere around the latch, therefore was a bit reluctant to oil or grease the mechanism, but will carry out your advice to spray some lithium grease onto the mechanism.

Many thanks again,

Rabitus.

@Rabitus There's a sensor on my Octy as well. Its function is to tell the EMS when you open the bonnet (presumably to do stuff like adding oil or screenwash), and it still works after about 2 years of this treatment, on a 15YO car at that.