Hello everybody,

I'm pleased to say I'm the proud owner of a skoda Octavia vrs estate mk 2 , it's a unmarked ex police car , so it has a few scars of bailouts but other than that it's came with a full service history and a highly tuned engine , it claims to be around 240bhp and certainly drives like it is , It's been super chipped and got a forged breather I think , hard oversized turbo piped and a huge ram air filter it's sounds amazing when I put my foot down and it drinks like a basking shark ,

id like to try a give a bit of life back to the engine tho as it's on 100,000 miles and iv seen the ceramizer products and wonder if it would help or anything else I'm aware of the cryo procedure but realise it means stripping the engine to bits so is there a slightly cheaper or easier method of bringing or making the engine stronger ? I'm not a fan of the new model and would prefer to spend a decent wack on this car as iv always wanted one , thank you in advance .

HI Willgeenty, I have the same car (2008 2.0TFSI) with similar mileage and also remapped to 250BHP, I am however unaware of those procedures you have mentioned

....but for me I have deleted the PCV (replaced with a Forge partial delete kit) and upgraded the DV to the GFB DV+ to eliminate these common points of failure. I would recommend an injector service and also have the inlet valves and intake manifold manually cleaned.

This should restore any lost power I would have thought

Thanks jujitsuboy69,

That sounds like a good place to start , the cryo procedure is exposing any alloy components to very low temperatures using nitrogen, this changes the molecular structure of the alloy and makes it much stronger so less wear , used a lot in f1 and the ceramizer product is simply and additive which seems to have great properties and has lots of fantastic reviews , and for less than 20£ it's a no brainer .

thank you for the advice mate .