How to identify "updated" 63/14 rapid hatch

Hello everyone, i am in the market for a bargain rapid hatchback tsi and have been scouring these forums for info.

I am looking for a 14 plate as these apparently received significant updates to suspension and steering. Is there any chance I could be overlooking "updated" 63 plate cars and if so how can I identify them?

Does the same apply to the Toledo's too?

Thanks in advance everyone.

I've got an early 14plate Toledo with the improvements, but the late 63 (maybe November on?) were the same spec.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-44.html

The changes to the Rapid Hatch/Limousine (it sounds posher in other countries) were made about the time the Spaceback came online.

If you can find out the SB start date you should be able to find the date for the spec changes on the hatchback.

I dont think any SB came to the UK before OCT 13.

Thanks for your reply. I had spotted a 63 car which seemed to have the chrome panel on the dash. I was wondering if perhaps that or something similar would be an Indicator of it being the refreshed model.