End-of-warranty concerns?

Hello all,

Alas I haven't visited the forums for a year since I was encouraged here to buy a used Mk2 Superb 170 DSG combi Elegance. 12 months on the car the now 4 years old and approaching 40k miles, and is due its first MOT and service. The experience has been mostly agreeable - the driving position & comfort has been particularly good - but I'm coming to end of the manufacturer warranty and want to make sure that anything necessary is caught, and would appreciate all comments and advice. FWIW I average 39 miles brim-to-brim in Glasgow commuting and intend to decline the offered 'fix' at the service, since I don't see any upside to getting that done. Issues have been: one instance of engine run-on after parking and key removal (solved by restarting and re-stopping the car); my somewhat kerbing the silly low profile wheels when reverse parking, and completely unrelated slow puncture in one tyre; seemingly slow wintertime clearing of the 'heated' wing mirrors (compared with previous cars); and, most importantly, the climate control system trying to cook me. Is there anyway of discovering what temperature the car thinks it is inside the cabin? Occasionally the CC wants to take off for the extremes, particularly in winter.

Cheers

Mine has also on the odd occasion done nothing but blow hot air out, usually on the passengers side in my case after I've directed maximum air flow to the windscreen, then gone back to 'Auto' mode.

I've found that but pressing the 'Off' button on the climate control panel for a few minutes always resets it. Probably a stuck flap somewhere, it's so rare I've never bothered looking in to it.

I would imagine if you or someone you know has VCDS they would be able to tell what the car thinks the internal temperature is.

Thanks for the reply. My concern was that the car is suffering from a failing thermocouple that will need replacing sooner or later. So the CC weirdness isn't a known 'thing'?

If you are taking it to a franchised Skoda main dealer for a service and MOT then they'll find anything wrong with the car, and probably a few items that aren't :D