Lowering. How much will I really get... HR 40MM

Gentlemen (and ladies) drawing up my list of mods for the vrs. First on agenda... Lowering. Now seen other threads with pictures of drops which helps. However few questions I'd like answered if possible.

Number 1 : are vrs lowered as standard. If so if u go with HR 40mm springs. How much will I actually see once settled. Also... Standard shocks ok with 40mm.

Number 2: What can I expect the ride to be like. 

Previously I lowered my astra on 30mm eibach. Although it was way better than standard I always wish I lowered it more. The ride on astra was ok. Potholes were horrible. And that was standard shocks but overall was serviceable and easy to live with.

number 3: given I had eibach on last car. What are peoples opinions ... Eibach or h&r. 

Thanks in advance guys.

The car sits a bit high for my liking. And quite a bit of body roll. Looking to reduce  both issues slightly. I am not talking about slamming on coilovers here. Just a subtle drop to make it sit better.

I have H&R springs on mine.

A lot less body roll, but I'm off down the coilovers route soon as the ride could be smoother.

Too crashy I find with standard shockers. 

IMG_0172.JPG

It's pretty much how they are as initially they sit higher at the back, and therefore lowers it 40mm all round it still will sit high. 

Its like they they could do to be 40 front 50 rear

Ive heard that Eibach make them sit a lot better

10 hours ago, S27VEJ said:

I have H&R springs on mine.

A lot less body roll, but I'm off down the coilovers route soon as the ride could be smoother.

Too crashy I find with standard shockers. 

IMG_0172.JPG

There's quite a lot that are lower at the front.I prefer it to how mine looks....mine looks level but not as good

Just need to figure how to adjust the coils.     :)

2 hours ago, S27VEJ said:

See I prefer it to look level!

Did you get the C Spanner with your coilovers?

Yes,looks like a small scythe

Tried watching YouTube clips but still unsure and its not the kinda thing I'd wanna get wrong!

On 13/06/2017 at 22:20, Nandovee said:

The car sits a bit high for my liking. And quite a bit of body roll. Looking to reduce  both issues slightly. I am not talking about slamming on coilovers here. Just a subtle drop to make it sit better.

I can't comment on the aesthetics, that is just a matter of personal preference.  Personally I would rather avoid the frequent massive potholes that seem to be on the increase and traffic calming bumps.

As to body roll, there is someone on here (or was) who used a Skoda Fabia VRS on "track days".  He seemed VERY knowledgeable and probably knows as much as anyone on how to improve the handling of the VRS - I believe that a Rear Anti-Roll Bar may make quite a difference?

Personally I have never noticed a problem with body roll but then I don't tend to push the car.

• Like 1

Yeah the RARB is the one key mod to do for handling to be fair. 

I try to avoid pot holes too and speed bumps but definitely unavoidable living round here is that

Edited by S27VEJ