Advice on Value

Afternoon, 

After a bit of advice from those in the know, unfortunately due to Skoda not playing ball I am moving brands in September due to a daft 6 year old rule for cars at work and me getting over excited and sorting it early, which means I need to sell my current car but am struggling significantly with the value to advertise it at and would be grateful for some input.

This is not a covert way of advertising, I will naturally do the right thing and pay to join Freedom and place an add in due course around August time, i hope this is ok with the mods.

Essentially my car is a 2012 Elegance Estate 2.0 170 CR with DSG

It has a very comprehensive service history with DSG changes as required.

Tyres Excellent 

Full MOT

I am third owner

Extras above elegance spec 

10 Speaker System
Media Device Input 
Optical Parking Aid
3 Spoke Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift.

It will have about 106 00 miles on it in August come advertising.

The negatives, and one of the reasons I am finding pricing difficult,  are dink to near side wing and bumper thanks to car park negligence by others,

Rear offside bumper (minor Scuff) to primer again by others

Wheels need a refurbishment as previous refurbishment has failed

To put this right, including the wheels, I have a cost of £550 which I was not planning on doing before advertising it.

Other than these imperfections and marks in line with age and mileage its pretty clean and smart.

But the variance in advertised values is huge! 

I was hoping to put it up for about £6500, does this sound about right or am I way out either way? 

I know its only worth what someone will pay but any advice appreciated as when I do advertise it, I need it to go.

thanks in advance.

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG

The damage to the bodywork is not serious, both could easily be handled via a smart repair, although as a private buyer it would put me off. I appreciate the damage is down to others but it might reflect badly on you, a car in poor condition could be perceived as being unloved and not particularly well cared for during its time with you.

Then again someone might see them as an opportunity to grab a bargain.

Here is a car right with yours, take off the dealers £1K margin and your estimate for a private sale could be about right...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201705205659151?fuel-type=Diesel&body-type=Estate&make=SKODA&advertising-location=at_cars&year-to=2012&radius=1500&minimum-mileage=100000&sort=price-desc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&year-from=2012&postcode=se218ed&model=SUPERB&page=1

Oh and diesel values remain rock solid despite the scaremongering.

Edited by silver1011

12 hours ago, silver1011 said:

The damage to the bodywork is not serious, both could easily be handled via a smart repair, although as a private buyer it would put me off. I appreciate the damage is down to others but it might reflect badly on you, a car in poor condition could be perceived as being unloved and not particularly well cared for during its time with you.

Then again someone might see them as an opportunity to grab a bargain.

Here is a car right with yours, take off the dealers £1K margin and your estimate for a private sale could be about right...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201705205659151?fuel-type=Diesel&body-type=Estate&make=SKODA&advertising-location=at_cars&year-to=2012&radius=1500&minimum-mileage=100000&sort=price-desc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&year-from=2012&postcode=se218ed&model=SUPERB&page=1

Oh and diesel values remain rock solid despite the scaremongering.

Thanks for the input, very helpful.

I think the option is to get it all repaired and hopefully attract more buyers, and try ang get a better price with the work done. I understand what you mean by it appearing unloved though, even though its 100% mechanically sound it detracts from how well it has been cared for.

Thanks again.

• Like 1