Upgrading to Mk3 VRS wheel

Hi folks 

I can't recall who it was on here who had done the Mk3 VRS upgrade to their Mk2 but I wondered if anyone could verify / help me with required part numbers etc? 

I have the wheel but don't have the airbag (anyone got any decent reliable sources for these?) and I also need (via prior info from the maestro that is Eddie NL) the Superb buttons which I'm told are part number 5E0 919 719 G

any info on airbag part number or indeed a decent source so I don't need to get hammered by TPS 

thanks in advance 

Iain 

I've been thinking about getting this done. The buttons are the one thing I really miss from my old car. I'd be really interested to hear about your experience as you go through it.

As I understand it, so possibly not completely accurate, the following parts are likely to be needed:

• The wheel.
  • Appropriate airbag for the wheel.
  • Replacement for the steering wheel controller as the one you have is probably one of the lower spec versions that doesn't do the steering wheel buttons if the car didn't have them from factory.
  • Steering wheel cable to the controller - Probably not present as the plain steering wheel doesn't need it.
  • VCDS to program the controller in the wheel and make it all work.

All the best,

Paul.

2 hours ago, dilksie said:

The buttons from an Octavia 3 wheel will not work on an Octavia 2. You need to swap to ones from a Superb 2 FL or Yeti

Yeah had said that already sir but cheers anyway...... looking for sources and part numbers if possible 

1 hour ago, dilksie said:

Part number you require is 5E0919719F

You can buy them from HERE

Thanks sir - that differs from the part number I had stated at start of this thread. Mine has DSG - should that make a difference? 

Dont suppose you know part number of airbag or again a reliable source? Worth a shot ....... 

52 minutes ago, CookieMonster87 said:

Are you looking at selling on the original Mk2 wheel?

Yes squire - although someone else here is very interested but I'll keep u posted if there's any change 

3 minutes ago, soundwerks said:

Thanks sir - that differs from the part number I had stated at start of this thread. Mine has DSG - should that make a difference? 

Dont suppose you know part number of airbag or again a reliable source? Worth a shot ....... 

DSG ONES HERE

Same company also sells airbags. Other than that you will be looking at breakers or e-bay. 

I have a Mk3 wheel that I was going to fit to my Mk2 FL but have just got a Mk2 DSG wheel that I will remove and blank the paddles so will probably use that. At least I will be able to use my original airbag.

• Like 1