Applying too much heat to badges!

:crying: Yep that is me who while heating up the front badge to replace it applied too much heat this resulted in the front upper grille piece becoming a different shape. :crying: It is just a very thin piece of chrome section just above the badge so be careful if you are taking the badge off. I have ordered a new one but it comes complete with the green badge that I was replacing for a modern one. Might be a bit more careful with the heat setting .:D

• Like 2

Oh it came off no problem after I used a paint stripper blower.:blush: Thought I could regulate the heat sufficiently doh!

Edited by Danny 57

I remember when I did mine. A couple of minutes with a hair dryer followed by gently working a piece of dental floss in a saw like action to break the seal.

Edited by The Zee

Fitted the main Skoda badges front and rear as well as replacing the front grille and the upper front grille trim. The new type badges do look much better even if I do say so.:D

• Like 1