Skoda NZ

nice ! Ambition 1.4... Did you pay xtra for the 2 years ? i was offered the standard 3 yrs. This is mine Quartz Metallic Grey 2.0 Style Petrol. Got it June

image.thumb.png.ae03d7998a9a35d79814501f552ebb87.png

12 hours ago, jerryH said:

16 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Nah but I got a 5 year service plan. ORCs were $1200 and they said all cars they sell come with a full tank :)

Did you pay for the extra 2 years ?

Just now, Nefertiti said:

Did you pay for the extra 2 years ?

Extra 2 years? AFAIK the Kodiaq didn't come with free servicing when I ordered. Didn't pay for the 5 year service plan. Also came with a $1000 clothing voucher for Federation (had a look at their stuff... Looks like hipster teenager clothes)

Unfortunately still had to pay for the extended warranty.

6 minutes ago, Nefertiti said:

@jerryH - how much for the tow bar ? not factory standard aye ?

The factory one costs about $2000 and requires blind spot to be fitted on the mirrors first.

I ordered the after market ones that either Giltrap NM or one of certified installer will put on. not sure the cost yet.

when i ordered the option for the tow bar wasn't there. they have since revised the spec sheet and off-course removed that sim card slot which i was supposed to get with my columbus infotainment system. I have inquired about the car stick now

The factory fit electric towbar is 50mm Inc. Trailer Assist is 2k

The dealer fit OEM detachable part (it's in the accessory booklet) is $1895.

Edited by ZacDaMan72

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Nefertiti said:

@jerryH yes 2 keys standard one metal one plastic. I got the same. How much did you pay for the tow bar ?

it was a little dramatic when i ordered the vehicle, so the towbar was no charge and comes with 5yr extended warranty.

24 minutes ago, Nefertiti said:

did you pay extra for the 2 years ?

Was that tow bar fitted here locally or from SKODA europe ? I was thinking of getting a lockon one - http://www.towbar.co.nz/  - not sure though

that was free too.

The towbar was fitted by Giltrap Skoda in New Market Auckland so covered by the manufacturer warranty too.

be aware if you are trying to installe an after market towbar, it may breach terms in the warranty book. Some manufacturers believe the towbar is an extra load to the chassis of the car, so they are very strict about it.

54 minutes ago, Nefertiti said:

Was that tow bar fitted here locally or from SKODA europe ? I was thinking of getting a lockon one - http://www.towbar.co.nz/  - not sure though

NZ spec tow bars (1 7/8" towball) is fitted locally by the dealer, while the factory fitted electric 50mm unit is available too. Skoda NZ partnered up with Best Bars up in Auckland for the manufacture of the NZ tow bars. The ballpark figure seems to be $1800-1900 installed - someone here got charged almost $1900 but I got charged $1850. If you get an aftermarket/Skoda NZ towbar you don't get Trailer Assist fyi, even though it looks like a faff to use anyways.

I don't like how only one key is chrome capped, and I can't seem to find chrome caps anywhere on the internet. Might flick Superskoda an email about ordering some in, as I can't find them there either.

6 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

NZ spec tow bars (1 7/8" towball) is fitted locally by the dealer, while the factory fitted electric 50mm unit is available too. Skoda NZ partnered up with Best Bars up in Auckland for the manufacture of the NZ tow bars. The ballpark figure seems to be $1800-1900 installed - someone here got charged almost $1900 but I got charged $1850. If you get an aftermarket/Skoda NZ towbar you don't get Trailer Assist fyi, even though it looks like a faff to use anyways.

I don't like how only one key is chrome capped, and I can't seem to find chrome caps anywhere on the internet. Might flick Superskoda an email about ordering some in, as I can't find them there either.

Super skoda has it but quite pricey. http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/Kodiaq-key-bottom-chrome-endtip-RS6-style-KODIAQ