Console Locker Probs

Hello,

On my Octavia MkII there's a little locker with a push release lid, in front of the gear lever and below the heater controls. I had my  phone lying on the lid. When I opened the lid the phone slid off the back of the lid and down behind the locker. It seems to be jamming the lid so it won't open fully and there isn't enough room to get a hand (not even a dainty wife hand) in.

Is there a way to get the lid off so that I can liberate my phone?

Edited by Bilmo
spelling

The little locker is a single item. You'll have to remove the gear lever surround, just lift up around the gear lever. There are two small screws, normally hidden by the gear surround, remove them and you should be able to pull the locker out. Had a similar issue with an id card. Refitting is just push it back in. Mine didn't have an led inside but I know some do and there isnt always much spare wire. 

NB You shouldn't have to remove the side panels, they can be a royal pita to get aligned when refitting. The gear surround is just a clip fit iirc.

Edited by Canders

Both side panels have screws behind the locker, which you have to remove the locker to unscrew. You can follow Canders' instruction, but I don't think there's enough room to get the locker out. I think you could try removing the air con panel first.